Technical Program Manager
Ashburn Consulting Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ashburn Consulting, a Small Business based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, specializes in providing network and network security solutions in complex environments to a select set of government and business clients. The company, an established leader in its field, is composed of an elite team of engineers and business consultants, each of whom is recognized —and highly regarded—within the network and security communities.Job Description
Ashburn Consulting is seeking a highly-qualified, motivated technical program manager with experience managing network projects for government clients. A local government is responsible for administering, managing, and operating a critical network on behalf of the National Capital Region (NCRnet). Please refer below for the daily operational requirements:
· Recommend and manage expenditure of grant funds across personnel, network services, and other necessary expenditures to ensure the availability of the NCRnet. Customer shall be final approver of all purchases.
· Manages resources providing 24x7 monitoring support to NCRnet devices on behalf of and in coordination with Client and committee of regional network managers.
· Provide robust communication to stakeholders and leadership of any risks, issues, impacts or changes happening on the network.
· Provides program briefings to executives, mid-level managers and technical teams periodically
· Holds team meetings to ensure tasks and activities are aligning with client goals and objectives
· Manages activities and tasks of on-call 24x7 network engineer responsible for supporting NCRnet, including any documentation deliverables.
· Manages existing support personnel supporting NCRnet under contract and identify additional support as needed.
· Manages membership and activities of a group of network managers composed of the connected localities to the NCRnet for the purpose of network management, configuration and change management, and coordination for testing and operations. This includes any activities to form, operate, and document official actions of the group.
· Act as lead point of contact for all regional applications desiring to operate on the NCRnet. This includes appropriate and necessary marketing, planning, design, coordination between other jurisdictions, site visits or other communications, and developing a schedule for implementation.
· Produce adequate documentation to facilitate transition of a regional application to the NCRnet. This shall consist of a project schedule, interconnection requirements (firewall and routing rules), and post as-built documentation as necessary and directed by regional committee of network managers and/or the client.
· Escalate unresolvable issues to the client and regional committee of network managers for resolution.
· Identify new tasks and deliverables to the client or regional committee of network managers, or performs tasks identified by the client which will benefit and provide value to the overall project and can be completed within the grant period of performance and does not risk expenditure of funds beyond awarded amount.
· Track and manage the recurring costs of operating the NCRnet while striving to identify cost savings wherever possible.
· Provide network usage on a monthly basis or as warranted, including a collection of meaningful metrics from tools implemented in the NCRnet or directly from application owners.
· Ensure adherence of the NCRnet to established NCRnet policies for operation and management.
· Implement and coordinate a streamlined approach to application cutover to the NCRnet network integrating existing efforts and documentation.
· Interact with regional Chief Information and Chief Information Security Officers to seek guidance and provide status of the network, projects, and costs.Qualifications
- Seven to Ten years technical program management experience as well as a PMP certification would be preferred.
- Experience in regional, multi-agency technology projects spanning multiple jurisdictions is required; familiarity with public safety fire and rescue operations is preferred.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, executives, and vendors, particularly as a liaison to technical support staff, is required.
- Awareness and understanding of the challenges of implementing a governance model in a mixed environment of local, state, and federal technical, financial, and operational requirements is desired.
Must be able to pass a background investigation.
Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate difficult concepts, associated challenges and provide solutions to mitigate them.
Minimum 4 year college degree in related field, or related experience
Consulting experience is desired
Partial remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status
TechnologyView all jobs at Ashburn Consulting