Job title: Electrical Engineer
Duration: 3 to 6+months
Location: Wichita, KS
W2 hourly rate
How you will do it
• Develop advanced systems & controls: products, parts, specifications, algorithms, circuits, etc. in a timely and effective manner to ensure quality, customers, and cost objectives are met.
• Collects, analyzes, and interprets data, develops engineering computer programs, and designs basic circuits or components.
• Performs accurate analysis of product performance, making appropriate recommendations as needed to improve product quality, performance, cost, and reliability.
• Participates as a member of a project team to ensure projects are completed according to the D3 Process (Design, Develop, and Deliver). This includes completing each D3 Phase by completing assigned engineering requirements such as: Design Reviews, Specifications, DFMEA’s, DEFAM’s, Test Plans, etc.
• Implement viable proposals according to the assigned priority using the EC (engineering change) process.
• Provide technical direction and guidance to drafters, model makers, technicians, and/or programmers to ensure timely implementation of product or process improvements.
• Lead smaller scale projects and support larger scale projects under the guidance of both the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field (from an ABET accredited university), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with product and/or system design in an engineering environment.
• Electrical aptitude and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to organize and manage simultaneous tasks and projects.
• Proven interpersonal skills with effective and professional communication.
• Ability to make decisions quickly in order to maintain project schedules.
• Proven flexibility and adaptability to changing situations and environments.
• Experience using the Microsoft Windows operating system in conjunction with the following Microsoft Office modules: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
• Experience in the HVAC field service environment.
• Experience on embedded HVAC controls.
• Experience with residential split or packaged HVAC equipment (which may include air handlers, indoor coils, condensing units, gas furnaces, heat pumps, and their associated components).