Cyber security Analyst / Splunk possible remote work
6 months with extension
pay w2 ( no benefits)
• 7+ years of experience working in an Information Security environment.
• Bachelor’s degree required, but will consider applicable work experience as it translates to an equivalent degree.
• Experience in supporting cyber-security event/log analysis and/or incident response, and conducting analysis of cyber-security events required.
• Experience with SIEM systems, preferably Splunk. Familiar with Regex.
• GCIH, GSEC, CISSP or equivalent certification preferred.
• Experience with programming and scripting languages, preferably Python and PowerShell.
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and vulnerability management procedures.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate to all levels of staff up to executive-level management, customers (internal and external), and vendors.
• Must have strong time management skills and an ability to thrive in a high cadence operation.
• Must work well within a tight-knit team environment and be able work with peers, customers, and partners to support the mission.
• Must be flexible with working hours during critical deliveries and operational issues.
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills are required for this role. Multi-lingual communication skills are a plus, but are not required.
• Ability to train others and participate in knowledge sharing with other staff.
• Proven ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to travel up to 10%.
• Demonstrates a passion for information security beyond the workplace.