Ready To Go is a transportation program to assist individuals and families throughout Vermont access essential life activities including work, job training and childcare that is looking for a Driver to join the team. Driver will transport unaccompanied children across Vermont to and from prospective childcare locations courteously, safely and efficiently.
**** Positions open in Burlington, Morrisville, Barre, Newport and Rutland for drivers and driver aides
- Transports participants in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Understands and uses child safety seats appropriately
- Maintains a clean van and reports appropriate safety and mechanical concerns
- Work with dispatcher in order to execute the schedule with changes and updates as the dispatcher directs.
- Use good judgement in driving situations especially in regards to inclement weather
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience driving passenger vans preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Ability to work within the Mission of the Agency
- Personable, clear communicatorIndependent decision-making required to trouble shoot problems that come up on the road, to cope with changes in schedule due to the weather or the needs of the participants.
- Willingness to work closely with general public, staff, and vendors as a courteous Ascentria Care Alliance representative
- Must be able to demonstrate safe and proper use of child safety seats upon completion of training program prior to.
- Maintained confidentiality of program recipients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Accurate and thorough; good follow-through on all tasks
- Must be able to read, understand, and effectively use maps and directions to locate clients and destinations