Ascentria Care Alliance employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $75m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
The Office Attendant is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of residents, staff, visitors, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of secretarial duties that support the departmental management.
This position is per diem, on an as needed basis, must be available to work weekends and overnight shifts.
- Answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate party after screening process; record and distribute messages to appropriate individual.
- Greet visitors; direct them to sign in the guest book, assist individual in reaching desired destination. If necessary, engage visitor in screening process to ensure visit is anticipated by staff or resident. Monitor all those entering and exiting the building.
- Provide secretarial support to all departments.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency alarms by contacting staff and emergency personnel and responsible for notifying family, when appropriate.
- Conduct security rounds of the building at appropriate times.
- Complete and submit all maintenance repair requests by residents during each shift.
- Maintain clean and organized work station.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate departments.
- Direct all inquiries to the person responsible for the issue in question.
- Communicate by log and/or verbally any important or unusual events to incoming shift or relief staff to assure seamless coverage; report any observed unusual behaviors of a resident to a supervisor.
- Adhere to established safety procedures.
- Assist staff and residents in emergency situations.
- Attend in-services/trainings as required.
- Provide excellent customer service to all who interact with the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help meet the goals of the program or the agency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to respond in a busy work environment.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to use office equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Must follow facility and organizational policies and procedures.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset people within the facility.
- Ability to work within the mission of the organization, “We are called to strengthen communities by empowering people to respond to life’s challenges”.
- Willingness and ability to work various shifts, including third shift if needed (12:00 AM – 8:00 AM).
- Ascentria Organizational Orientation.
- Maintain mandatory training and certifications as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Requires driving own vehicle to various sites.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.