- Assists in transporting Ready To Go participant’s unaccompanied children in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Able to get children in and out of car seats easily; this includes lifting.
- Understands and uses child safety seats appropriately.
- Use good judgement in driving and child behavior situations.
- Works with dispatcher in order to execute the schedule with changes and updates as the dispatcher directs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience working with children and/or driving passenger vans preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and positive driving record preferred to potentially drive transportation vans.
- Ability to work within the Mission of the Agency.
- Personable, clear communicator.
- Independent decision-making required to trouble shoot problems that come up on the road. This may include coping with changes in schedule due to the weather or the needs of the child riders.
- Willingness to work closely with children, the general public, staff, and vendors as a courteous Ascentria Care Alliance representative
- Must be able to demonstrate safe and proper use of child safety seats upon completion of training program prior to.
- Maintained confidentiality of program recipients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Accurate and thorough; good follow-through on all tasks
- Must be able to read, understand, and effectively use maps and directions to locate clients and destinations.
- Child safety seat training on date of hire.
Physical work requirements are important in complying with the American’s With Disabilities Act (ADA) and in determining whether an employee who’s been out on worker’s compensation can return to work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sitting in transportation van for long periods of time.
- Some physical effort required.
- Required to move children in and out of car seats.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.