Ascentria Care Alliance employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $92m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
Client Services Coordinators are responsible for assisting with the daily operations of Language Bank, a non-profit helping people with limited English proficiency access services such as health care, court systems, public education, and social services with interpretation services. Employee would be responsible for clerical duties, scheduling interpreters, responding to e-mails and telephone calls, and providing excellent communication in a team-based, customer service-focused environment.
- Provide excellent customer service and contribute to a positive customer service oriented business
- Have knowledge of Interpreter’s availability, location, ability to travel and languages spoken.
- Schedule interpretation appointments with clients and interpreters, approximately 3,000 appointments scheduled across team per month
- Provide customer service support to clients, potential clients and Interpreters via telephone, e-mail, and fax in a professional and timely manner
- Handle 45-50 incoming and outgoing phone calls on a daily basis.
- Clerical duties including but not limited to filing, data entry, scanning, and photocopying
- Prioritization of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in staff training opportunities, especially related to customer service
- Ability to provide coverage for on call shifts if needed
- Other tasks as required
- Serve on community committees on a voluntary basis
- Help with agency file reviews on a voluntary basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Proficiency with computers required, specifically databases and MS Office software
- Proficiency with multi-line phone systems preferred
- Ability to multitask and problem solve scheduling issues or client concerns required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Positive attitude and the ability to work as a member of the Language Bank team required
- Initiative and creative thinking required
- Enjoy working in a multicultural, multilingual environment required
Physical Demands are generally:
Light - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
Mental Demands are generally:
Focused - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.