Polysomnographic Technologist ( MO and KS locations)
Ascentist Managment LLC Leawood, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Polysomnographic (Sleep) Tech who would work under the general supervision of the Sleep Lab manager to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders during diagnostic and therapeutic sleep testing. Who can perform the duties defined for a sleep technician and is credentialed. Locations are Lee's Summit, MO and Leawood, KS. This is for daytime and nighttime positions.
- Preferred experience working in an accredited sleep lab.
- The following are duties which may be required of you as a Polysomnographic Tech:
- Determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order.
- When patient arrives, verify identification, collect documents and obtain consent for the study.
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface fitting.
- Follow procedural protocols, (such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP, oxygen titration etc.) to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and document artifact.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc).
- Score sleep/wake stages and Score clinical events such as respiratory events utilizing AASM standards.
- Monitors signals and study failures and generate an accurate report.
Ascentist Managment LLCWhy Work Here?
Forward leaning, rapidly growing company that encourages growth in their employees.
While the history behind Ascentist Physicians Group dates back nearly 80 years, our values and commitment to patients established by the founding physicians continues to be embedded in our strategic mission and day-to-day operations. Our practice has grown to include 24 Physicians, 5 Physician Assistants, 6 Nurse Practitioners, 1 Speech Language Pathologist and 21 Audiologists. We offer many services to our patients including plastics, general surgery, orthopedics, pulmonology, otolaryngology and otology diagnosis and treatment. We serve our patients at eleven convenient locations throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area.