Thin Films/Process Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
Thin Films Process Technician
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Occasional travel may be required, less than 10%
$16 - $20 an hour
We offer a dynamic, team-oriented work environment with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD and a generous 401(k) match.
Ascent Solar Technologies (OTCMKTS: ASTI) is a developer and manufacturer of state of the art, thin-film flexible photovoltaic products. If this type of organization appeals to you, and you have the required qualifications, we want to hear from you!
· Perform precision work required with attention to detail.
· Operate and/or execute process steps using a mix of processing equipment, manual processing, test equipment and metrology tools.
· Collaborate with peer technicians, engineers, and scientists to effectively produce high quality modules.
· Execute production runs and experiments under the guidance of engineers and/or production management; provide critical feedback to engineering on process deviations.
· Support the handling of hazardous waste material in accordance to federal, state and local regulations; individual will be trained (upon hire and annually) to meet the requirements of safe handling and proper disposal of any material deemed to be hazardous and the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this activity.
· Provide support for the overall manufacturing team in order to develop and maintain technical specifications, compliance with regulatory requirements, efficiency maximization, and work methods.
· Install and/or remove equipment parts for cleaning and modifications.
· Troubleshoot electro-mechanical switches and gauges using digital multi-meters.
· Accurately and legibly document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), process modifications and tool maintenance procedures.
· High levels of work around high-voltage components.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree in a technical field (electronics, chemistry, physics, or related discipline) is preferred, but 2 to 4 years of recent, related work experience is acceptable.
· Must be detail-oriented and able to work autonomously with minimal direction/supervision.
· Basic knowledge of statistical process control and how it is used in a manufacturing environment.
· Possess understanding of, mechanics, electronics, and/or electro-mechanics.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics is a plus.
· Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Good capability to learn and execute defined procedures and processes carefully, accurately and legibly.
· Experience in operating and troubleshooting sputtering and evaporation equipment.
· Good understanding of safety protocol working with and around toxic/hazardous materials.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and professionally in a collaborative team environment.
· Must be willing to work a flexible and demanding schedule in a continuous production environment with multiple shift operations.
· Must possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to pass a respirator fit test, as well as be cleared to work around heavy metals and chemicals that are associated with the position.
· U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien status.
· Associate’s Degree in a technical field (electronics, chemistry, physics, or related discipline).
· Experience with and capable of production processing involving hazardous chemicals.
· 2 or more years’ experience in thin-film coatings.
· Demonstrated ability using multiple analytical tools for statistical and process data analysis.
· Knowledge of PVD, reactive sputtering, thermal co-evaporations, and/or CVD processes.
· General understanding of thin films and vacuum technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical Demands
o While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands and finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; climb; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to pass a respirator fit test, as well as be cleared to work around heavy metals and chemicals that are associated with the position.
· Work Environment
o While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is exposed to fluctuations in air temperature caused by equipment and/or outside weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the manufacturing work environment is elevated, depending on location. The stress level in this position is considered moderate.
Ascent Solar is an equal opportunity employer with a solid commitment to diversity and a passion for creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all employees.
By pioneering a technology that is recognized as the future of the solar industry, Ascent has cemented itself as the leader in the manufacturing of innovative, high performance, flexible thin-film solar panels for both existing and emerging defense, consumer electronic, space, and aerospace applications.
Ascent’s results-oriented team is focused on continued technical innovation while effectively developing current market opportunities and enabling customers to create transformational applications using solar power.
At Ascent Solar we design, develop, and manufacture the ultimate solar technology and power solutions for remote locations and extreme environments.
To deliver clean and innovative power solutions for everyone everywhere.
Ascent Solar Technologies Inc
12300 Grant St Suite 160Thornton, CO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?