CAD Technician I
- Expired: November 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CAD Technician is part of a team focused on supporting large scale development programs for major clients within the Energy sector. The CAD Technician utilizes AutoCAD software to create a variety of design, permitting and client specific exhibits and datasets. This role can be worked remotely or in our office.
- Creation of high quality and accurate exhibits and deliverables.
- Completion of assigned drafting tasks within established metrics.
- Applying knowledge of permitting regulations to site layout and exhibit creation.
- Continual advancement of both drafting and regulatory knowledge
- Utilize AutoCAD to draft and QA/QC permitting and design exhibits.
- Utilizes existing templates for exhibit creation.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets and tables.
- Edit GIS databases via AutoCAD FDO connection to update attributes and feature geometry.
- Learn rules, regulations, and client exhibit design specifications and apply understanding when drafting.
- Completes work with the prescribed metrics as set by the Coordinator with minimal errors.
- Track assigned work/budget/timeline and communicate with Coordinator to determine priorities of multiple tasks
- Novice level proficiency with AutoCAD (Civil 3D is a plus)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Adapts to the changing work environment and manages competing demands
At Ascent we live by four important values: Pride, Adaptability, Consultative, and Trust. These values act as our guiding principles to make a real positive impact on both our customers and our peers. We feel passionate about the work we do as individuals.
1. Have pride in the work we do as a company and in the quality of work we do as individuals.
2. We must be able to adapt to our customer's needs and to the changes that come with a growing company by being open to change and feel challenged in the new way of working or thinking.
3. We must be consultative both internally and externally by asking the right questions, having curiosity that leads us to the right solutions, and by making sure we are taking care of the root cause of issues.
4. And finally, we must have trust in our leaders, our managers, our peers, our customers, and ourselves to perform to the best of our abilities and to do what is right in the face of conflict.
If you can show that you have Pride, Adaptability, Consultative skills and are Trustworthy, you will succeed at Ascent.
What Ascent offers you:
At Ascent we understand that employment is a two-way street for respect and value. We are proud to offer competitive benefits for our team members and an environment that cultivates teamwork. At Ascent we embrace a hybrid workplace and many of our positions are eligible for remote opportunities.
Along with these benefits, Ascent offers a culture that is enjoyable, motivational, and fun. Are you ready to start?!
Ascent Geomatics Solutions
Get fresh Part Time CAD Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.