Technical Project Manager- Remote/Hybrid
- $70,000 to $120,000 Yearly
Ascent Funding (“Ascent”) is an award-winning, rapidly growing, pre-IPO FinTech company that is on a mission to revolutionize the way people pay for college. We aim to improve learners’ access to the higher education system by being transparent and offering products that support a diverse population of students through our Ascent College and Bootcamp Loans. We believe education is an investment in the future, and we want to empower students of all economic backgrounds and disciplines, to maximize their return on that investment.
Ascent is seeking a talented Technical Project Manager to accelerate progress on our portfolio of FinTech and EdTech products. As a member of the Technical Project Management team, you will work closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, QA, and other stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of digital products and features. This position can be Remote or Hybrid with regular visits to the San Diego Office. This position requires working within Pacific Standard Time zone hours.
The ideal candidate:
- Obsesses over the delivery of quality software and process, regardless of the challenges.
- Promotes team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication.
- Builds strong relationships with partnered engineering, product, operations, and business teams.
- Displays initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward.
- Stays focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment.
- Constantly seeks ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global locations.
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC. Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines.
- Execute several internal and partner data integration projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities.
- Facilitate and solidify project processes and operations by creating, managing, and updating documentation, and communicating workflow expectations to relevant stakeholders.
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks.
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison.
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches.
- In-depth knowledge and experience running application development projects through the entire SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of project management processes including standard agile practices.
- Experience managing interactions of large teams on complex high-profile projects and are viewed as the “go-to” individual.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience working with remote and global teams.
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus.
Competitive pay with bonus, and comprehensive benefits package that includes, but not limited to:
- Salary range for this position is $70,000-$120,000 annually
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Company Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Annual HSA contribution of $1,500
- Life insurance, disability, and critical illness
- Birthday Holiday
- Snacks and drinks (when we are in the office)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- $2,000 Vacation Incentive Plan after 3 years + $1,000 Sabbatical Day
- Community, Wellness funds and more!
Salary range for Technical Project Manager Role is $70,000-$120,000 annually plus bonus (commensurate with experience).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Powered by JazzHR
Ascent FundingSan Diego, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.