Medical Assistant Behavioral Health Technician
Company: Wise Path Recovery Centers - Williamson, WV
Wise Path Recovery Centers - Williamson, WV (in partnership with Ascension Recovery Services) is in search of a Medical Assistant/Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)/Phlebotomist to join our team at our facility in Williamson, West Virginia, we have 46 beds on the third floor of the new Williamson Health & Wellness building, which previously operated as Williamson Memorial Hospital. Our program is dedicated to detox stabilization and short-term residential treatment for both men and women. The facility’s purpose is to help stabilize symptoms of substance use disorder (SUD) and create a smoother transition to an outpatient program or aftercare services.
Mission Statement: It is our commitment to provide integrated behavioral health treatment through evidence-based, high-quality clinical care for individuals, families, and communities experiencing Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders and empower those on their individual pathways to success.
Vision Statement: Our company is a national leader that provides innovative substance use disorder services through the development of accessible treatment centers to those in need. We use an individualized, person-centered approach while engaging with collaborative community partners to ensure the full continuum of care while eliminating gaps in treatment and providing a comprehensive approach of assisting individuals to engage in a healthy, purposeful, and fulfilling life.
The Medical Assistant/Behavioral Health Technician/Phlebotomist is responsible for completing all medical assistant/phlebotomist duties and also serves as a personal guide, and liaison for individuals with substance use disorder. The Behavioral Health Technician supports clients by assisting them with identifying treatment needs, developing, maintaining, and monitoring individual treatment plans, and supporting clients to remain in treatment. The Behavioral Health Technician’s duties include providing outreach, support, recovery check-ups in the facility and in the community and functioning as part of the treatment team. The schedule is primarily day shift Monday - Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited to:
- Perform standard care procedures such as drawing blood, checking vitals and collecting lab samples.
- Take blood and other lab samples from patients and transfer them to the appropriate laboratories for testing. Duties include preparing the testing room with the proper tools, keeping patients calm while drawing blood and labeling samples for further analysis in medical laboratories.
- Administer Urine Analysis (UA); perform proper storage of the sample; accurately complete information in the system; assure proper transferring of UA sample to the appropriate testing authority.
- Provides a complete and comprehensive orientation for new clients to program rules, handbook, expectations, treatment plan and areas needed for assistance within the first 48 hours of admission.
- Provides educational groups to help clients regain skills needed to reenter the community and to improve psychoeducation related to clients’ needs.
- Process clients following intake protocols into residential treatment. Complete all intake forms on admission of all clients, including orientation form, as requested.
- Create current progress notes (as assigned).
- Perform all client day-to-day duties including assisting clients with ADLs.
- Oversee clients' recreational activities, transport clients to A.A. meetings, medical appointments, and other functions as requested by supervisor.
- Organizes and facilitates specific recreation, physical fitness, and appropriate leisure activities.
- Maintain detailed notes of all incidents occurring during the shift and complete the appropriate reports promptly
- Perform receptionist duties, as needed, and relay telephone messages promptly to various staff members and clients.
- Provide oversight to clients during housekeeping, meal service, and various daily activities.
- Perform related work as assigned, including assisting staff and clients with laundry, dishes, housekeeping, and garbage disposal.
- Identify verbal and non-verbal cues for potential aggressive behavior and apply de-escalation techniques to the situation.
- Provide information to the treatment team to inform treatment decision making.
- Assist clients in crisis situations involving social, emotional, health, and other problems.
Education and Experience, Certificates, and Licenses:
- Associate degree required; high school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Medical Assistant certification required.
- 2+ years of experience completing blood draws
- Experience and training working in the 12 Step Field and/or Dual Diagnosis treatment strongly preferred.
- Must have or, within 30 days from hire, be able to obtain current First Aid and CPR card.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle; occasionally sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ascension Recovery ServicesWilliamson, WV
Get fresh Medical Assistant Behavioral Health Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.