Lab Operations Manager
Ascendis Pharma Redwood City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to be part of building a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company together with a team of highly skilled colleagues who are passionate about developing best-in-class therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs? Then Ascendis Pharma is committed to supporting your professional development on our journey.
Ascendis Pharma is looking to hire an experienced Lab Operations Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, innovative company!
The Lab Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the laboratory space, the care and preventive maintenance of Ascendis laboratory equipment, procurement, sample management, and implementation and application of EH&S policies, training, and procedures. The Lab Operations Manager will work closely with the Associate Director in all aspects of laboratory and some office maintenance, including monitoring and support of the maintenance of building facilities (major lab equipment, security, etc.), management of service contracts, support for remodeling and other small construction projects, shipping and receiving, and general facilities and administrative services and systems. The Lab Operations Manager will assist in developing Operations Expenses budgets and coordinate space allocations and staff movement.
- Manage and maintain service/scheduling programs for facility equipment and utilities, including RO/DI water systems, compressed air systems, HVAC equipment, vacuum systems, security systems, etc.
- Maintain and manage all work instructions required for lab operations.
- Collaborate on development and maintenance of freezer sample management system.
- Collaborate with Product Development & Oncology groups to ensure compliance with Environmental Health & Safety regulations and serve as a liaison with external EH&S consultant.
- Become well-versed in Ascendis EH&S policies and procedures, respond to EH&S enquiries, and coordinate trainings for new hires.
- Participate in procurement of capital equipment.
- Maintain contracts for facility equipment maintenance, lab coats, waste management, stock room management, etc.
- Anticipate, plan/track, budget, and schedule lab facility construction and modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Contribute to monitoring of real-time building functions (Building Monitoring System) and coordinating responses to malfunctions.
- Develop relationships with key departmental contacts and maintain information flow throughout the company on laboratory issues.
- Provide support in emergency situations (power outages, earthquakes, etc.)
- Maintain chemical inventory and an accessible record of Safety Data Sheets for all potentially hazardous materials used within the company facility.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in lab environment, lab management, or engineering.
- Related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is a plus, including experience with EH&S standards and support.
- Knowledge of and experience with local, state, federal regulations for laboratory facilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
San Francisco and Los Angeles applicants: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance or the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (as applicable).