About the Position:
The position of Manager/Associate Director/Director, Business Development will focus on creation of new business development opportunities and client management for Ascendia. The geographical scope of the position is primarily the United States, although ex-US opportunities will be explored as they arise. The candidate will be responsible for achieving target revenue performance for Ascendia’s CDMO contract research product offerings, seeking licensing partners for the company's pipeline products, implementing a marketing plan, and management of client projects. The candidate will direct the development, implementation, and achievement of both short and long term objectives, budgets, and operating plans as they relate to external collaboration efforts.
• Create and implement an effective, proactive growth strategy designed to generate new business opportunities for contract research and product out-licensing in order to achieve company's revenue goals.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of customers, competitors and markets. Identify target customers where Ascendia’s technical capabilities represent a fit and where Ascendia can realize significant value. Develop plans to penetrate target customers; assess demand and technical requirements for new opportunities.
• Develop and implement short and long term operating objectives, strategies, marketing plans and budgets required to meet the business’ growth and profitability objectives. Manage the company's tradeshow participation, advertising and promotional efforts.
• Provide presentations on Ascendia to industry groups and customers. Develop, coordinate, plan and participate in seminars and technical workshops designed to expand the role of the business for both internal and external customer education
• Perform high-level business development activities, including meeting 1:1 with potential customers, making capabilities presentations, negotiating contract terms, and managing the quotation and proposal process for new projects.
• Provide effective project and alliance management for existing and new customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proven track record of achieving sales targets and developing relationships with director-level contacts at pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations. Experience with negotiating and closing deals in the area of pharmaceutical formulation development and GMP manufacturing desirable.
• An undergraduate education in a scientific or financial discipline; preferably chemistry, biology or pharmaceutical science.
• Formal business education such as a Bachelor of Finance or an MBA will be a plus.
• A minimum of three-five years of relevant industry experience in pharmaceutical/medical product development and/or business development, preferably in the drug delivery or contract research fields. Possesses solid understanding of drug discovery and clinical development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• A demonstrated ability to engage with new customers, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills - a persuasive, reason-based personality.
• Ability to quickly set priorities and develop practical plans. Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
• Strong work ethic; self-motivation; dedication; a results orientation; and entrepreneurial. Ability to excel in a small-company environment.
• The candidate should have sound judgment, high energy and be a proactive thinker that can produce results in a timely fashion. A “hands on” approach to marketing/business development as well as a “get-the-job-done” mentality is required.
Please visit our website at www.ascendiapharma.com for more information.
The mission of our company is to provide customized formulation solutions to “salvage” difficult compounds and to create advanced medicines to help patients “prevail” over their disease and enhance quality of life.
Why Work Here?Ascendia is a specialty pharma CDMO company dedicated to developing enhanced formulations of existing drug products, and enabling formulations for pre-clinical and clinical stage drug candidates. Ascendia specializes in creating formulations for poorly-water soluble molecules using nano-particle technologies. Ascendia assesses the feasibility of a broad array of formulation options in order to improve a drug’s bioavailability and solubility. Ascendia’s technologies include nano-emulsions, amorphous solid dispersions, nano-particles, injectable, and controlled release. Ascendia provides development and testing services - from discovery-stage molecules to life-cycle-management projects - creating formulation solutions with enhanced biopharmaceutical properties suitable for clinical scale-up. The mission of our company is to provide customized formulation solutions to “salvage” difficult compounds and to create advanced medicines to help patients “prevail” over their disease and enhance quality of life.
lot of room to grow
North Brunswick, NJ