- $80,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
Ascend Talent Solutions Job Description
Job Description: With excellent analytical skills, the primary responsibility of the Property Accountant will be the financial management and reporting for the property working closely with the property management team and building ownership. The Property Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting is accurate and timely and provide guidance to the management team on all accounting and finance related items. With excellent accounting and management skills, the Property Accountant will work with team members to ensure both revenue and expenditures are in line with the budget on a monthly basis. Additional responsibilities for the Property Accountant include the following:
- Preparing accurate and complete monthly financial and accounting reports.
- Overseeing and finalizing the preparation of the annual budget, monthly forecasts and re-projections.
- Working with Property Manager to prepare detailed variance explanations and preparation of annual business plan.
- Preparing CAM and tax reconciliations and other related period end tenant and vendor billings.
- Responsible for cash management maintenance and reporting.
- Managing the Accounts Payable processes including coding and entering of invoices into the accounting system, verifying and ensuring accuracy of data and corresponding backup.
- Managing the Accounts Receivable processes including aging report, collections, and accurate rent data within in the financial system.
- Verifying, allocating, and overseeing the posting of transactions to subsidiary accounts and preparing journal entries for accruals.
- Reviewing and approving documentation for expense reports and budget variances and ensuring appropriate guidelines and approvals are followed.
- Preparing and compiling reports and analysis to show statistics on revenues and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other financial related items.
- 4 years of previous accounting experience in commercial real estate with increasing responsibilities.
- Proficient in general accounting and financing principles and in GAAP and FASB.
- Extensive knowledge of account payables, receivables, budgets, CAM calculations, and expenditure control is also required.
- Ability to create procedural manuals and train and manage AP and AR Specialists.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Yardi, MRI, Timberline, or other commercial real estate software programs.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and relevant work experience.
- PTO, PST, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- $80k - $85k
Over a month agoView All Ascend Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.