Quality Assurance Manager
Ascend Wellness Holdings Lansing, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AWH is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator with assets in Illinois, Massachusetts Michigan and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis organization through providing a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience and producing quality and mindfully created cannabis products. Our goal is to build a world class team that will continue our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis and bettering our customers life with cannabis. How will we achieve this? By offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, overseeing quality-related activities at the facility associated with sampling and inspection of in-process and finished products, customer complaints, product investigations, and Corrective and Prevention Action (CAPA) plans. The Quality Assurance Manager responsible for ensuring products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency and promoting a culture of Quality across all departments. The Quality Assurance Manager reports directly to the site leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
- Responsible for developing product quality safety and sanitation programs for the cultivation site.
- Build a documented consumer complaint process complete with trending, weekly reviews and trend reduction.
- Create guidance in regulations consistent with FSMA, CGMP and food CFR requirements.
- Assurance of sound raw and FG traceability program.
- Development of Master Sanitation program.
- Implementation of thorough line quality measurement systems.
- Documentation and control of all processes.
- Lead a strong pest control program.
- Developing quality control processes and design product specifications.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Examining the quality of raw/pack materials that are used in production.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Implement HACCP program all within the food work streams.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time but will require engagement and accountability by managers involved in the daily operations of the facility.
- Treat people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
- Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Observes and adheres to regulatory, safety and security procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidence, confidentially, and composure during difficult and/or complex situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline-driven environment while successfully managing multiple tasks.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 year degree in Business Administration, or relevant field. 4 year degree preferred.
- Quality Control Certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years as a Site Quality Manager; strong food experience is a plus
- Ability to build and manage external auditing such as SQF or BRC initiatives.
- Lean manufacturing experience and HACCP certified a plus.
- Advanced CAPA, RCA, and strategic planning experience
- Advanced experience conducting audits, data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and data analytics.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including speaking and writing.
- Proven track record in people leadership (supporting, developing, engaging) with demonstrated teambuilding and collaboration skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all regulatory requirements for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Registered Agent Card issued by the MA Cannabis Control Commission.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be focused, pay close attention to detail and accuracy of data recorded.
- Must be able to internalize training and follow instructions consistently.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and grow with the company
This position performs duties in an agricultural/manufacturing environment.
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences, and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ascend Wellness Holdings
TechnologyView all jobs at Ascend Wellness Holdings