HR Manager (1st Shift)
Ascend Wellness Holdings Barry, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
AWH is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor, and dispensary operator with assets in Illinois, Massachusetts Michigan, New Jersey, NY and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis organization through providing a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience and producing quality and mindfully created cannabis products. Our goal is to build a world class team that will continue our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis and bettering our customers life with cannabis. How will we achieve this? By offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously
The HR Manager will run the daily 1st shift of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive change process by working with management team creating a positive mentality and can-do attitude
- Manage employee relations issues, build engagement, and resolve employee concerns effectively, using independent judgement to handle employee matters, supported by the HR team
- Provides counsel and development coaching to leaders and proposes strategies to address gaps and/or opportunities
- Provide guidance on performance management and progressive discipline at the location
- Manage HR administrative processes related to timekeeping, payroll processing, leave management, benefits administration, HRIS data entry & maintenance, etc.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team in recruiting & hiring exempt and non-exempt employees, conduct new hire orientation, prepare materials, and complete on-boarding paperwork for new employee
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Conduct personnel development and performance management planning for all direct and indirect reports, including ongoing proficiency training and smooth onboarding of new employees
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING:
- Have 4 + years of progressive HR experience
- Have experience in culture change and change management
- Have the ability to identify improvement opportunities and develop plans for execution
- Possess strong communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and drive to accomplish goals and deliver results
- Be flexible, motivated and resourceful
- Have the ability to demonstrate resiliency in the face of change
- Have the ability to work independently while handling multiple projects
- Have the ability to deal with employees at all levels and maintains good employee relations
- Be able to handle stressful situations calmly and swiftly
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
Ascend Wellness Holdings
BusinessView all jobs at Ascend Wellness Holdings