Windows Server Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Windows Server Engineer
Ascend Technologies is a growing Managed Services Provider based in Chicago. We enable business growth through innovation and technology. We pride ourselves in helping our clients make IT investments with confidence. Our team is successful and growing together because we focus on supporting our clients and each other.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Windows Server Engineer to join our team. This position's primary responsibility is to provide escalated support and operational maintenance to client environments. This role will also work on project-based initiatives, including upgrades to existing infrastructure and deployment of new technology.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience with cloud technology infrastructure and applications. Individuals will be contributing to client satisfaction by keeping clients happy. Building relationships with them and providing timely and responsive services.
This position will provide the opportunity to work alongside talented and supportive peers and managers, work with the latest technology, and be a part of an organization in growth-mode. Ascend's continued growth will present a wide variety of personal and professional advancement opportunities.
Your Day-to-day and Skills/Experience:
- Operate and maintain Windows servers in a virtualized environment (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Serve as escalation point for our NOC and Engineer team
- Experience building and working within Azure/AWS environments
- Experience with all Microsoft operating systems (>2003)
- Experience with installable Windows roles and features - Active Directory, DNS, File Service, Remote Desktop, Network Policy, NTP, Certificate Authorities
- Experience with support and administration of high-availability environments and disaster recovery technologies
- Troubleshoot server alerts and resolve issues at root cause
- Advanced PowerShell scripting experience
- Linux OS experience is a plus
- 7+ years in a similar, client-facing role
- Natural desire to help people and provide premier service to clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated to learn and go the extra mile for your team and for clients
- Ability to perform off-hours support and maintenance
- Ability to participate in a team-wide on-call rotation
- Relevant certifications are a plus - VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure, AWS, Linux
This is a full-time position with competitive salary. Ascend is currently in a hybrid work structure. We will consider fully remote employees within the Midwest/Central U.S. area as well.
We offer medical (BCBS IL), dental, vision, life & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary accident and illness coverage, legal services, and 401k w/employer match. Ascend also extends a flexible time off policy to provide employees a healthy balance of life's demands.
Ascend Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We believe prosperity is driven by the diversity of our employees. We celebrate authenticity and provide a safe and inclusive environment for all.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you so much for your interest in Ascend!
Ascend Technologies Recruiting Team
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Ascend Technologies