Systems Engineer (Internal IT)
- Posted: over a month ago
Ascend Technologies (https://teamascend.com/) is one of Chicago's fastest growing IT Managed Service Providers. We help clients make IT investments with confidence and support their team with a dedicated, trusted staff committed to excellence. Our team (of over 240) are growing together because we focus on success for our clients, and each other.
As a Systems Engineer, you will serve as a technical expert for the Ascend Technologies Internal IT Team. We guarantee you’ll have many opportunities to advance your technical skills and develop professionally. We always seek to promote from within, paving ways for employees to advance their careers.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to join us, please read on and apply below.
Your day-to-day as a Systems Engineer:
- Working on tickets in a professional and fastidious manner
- Troubleshooting a variety of IT issues
- Performing root cause analysis
- Mentoring your fellow teammates
- Explaining advanced technical terms
- Thoroughly documenting processes
- Occasional on call or alarm response escalation
How You Will Excel:
- Clear communication and active listening
- Taking time to do things right, strong attention to detail
- Being a great teammate and eager to help others
- Embrace opportunities to learn and grow
- Use creative thinking to find ways to improve efficiency
Your Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar Systems Engineer role, preferably with other MSPs or in dynamic environments
- Confidence working with:
- Windows Server (MS Exchange, Active Directory, Domain Controllers)
- Workstation OS Knowledge
- M365 experience
- Core infrastructure component installations and configurations
- Knowledge of scripting languages including PowerShell (Terraform would be a plus)
- Physical and virtual servers, SANs and related networking components
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Applications (Exchange, SQL, SharePoint)
- Disaster recovery solutions
- WAN and LAN connectivity
- Cloud-based solutions in Amazon AWS and MS Azure
- Designing, implementing and managing a variety of IT projects in complex environments
- Proficiency in business IT Management Principles (work planning, testing, maintenance routines, data integrity, security, change management)
- Excelled in customer service driven roles
- Consistently working hard for the team with ambition for continued improvement and career growth
This is a full-time position. We provide our team a generous benefits package. We offer medical (Aetna), dental, vision, life & disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary accident and illness coverage, legal services, and 401k w/employer match. Ascend also extends a flexible time off policy to provide employees a healthy balance of life's demands.
Ascend Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We believe prosperity is driven by the diversity of our employees. We celebrate authenticity and provide a safe and inclusive environment for all. We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you so much for your interest.
Ascend Technologies Recruiting Team
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Ascend Technologies