Senior SCCM Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior SCCM Engineer
Chicago, IL or Fully Remote
Ascend Technologies is a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider based in Chicago. We help clients make IT investments with confidence and support their team with a dedicated, trusted staff committed to excellence. Our team (of over 300) are growing together because we focus on success for our clients, and each other.
We are currently seeking a Senior SCCM Engineer within our Infrastructure Applications team. As Sr. SCCM Engineer, you will join the IT Department in its support of the End User Support to the organization. The Sr. SCCM Engineer will be responsible for providing design, deploying, configuring and support of desktop technologies in a distributed environment. The Sr. SCCM Engineer will be responsible for software distribution and patch management as well as building and deploying software packages to workstations. The selected candidate will provide senior administration support for software package development and configuration management and will research and evaluate software and hardware technologies. An additional component of the job is to manage the implementation and operation of Microsoft’s Active Directory solution. Active Directory is a software package that provides directory services and domain management for a server network. As an active directory engineer, your job duties include installing the Active Directory program, configuring domains within the tool, and managing the directory services across a variety of Windows servers. The career typically requires extensive experience with Active Directory and other Microsoft products. Some employers may also prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Additional qualifications include strong technical skills and professional certifications from Microsoft.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to join us, please read on and apply below. Ascend will consider fully remote candidates!
Your day-to-day as a Sr. SCCM Engineer:
- Responsible for Group Policy and Application Deployment/OS Deployment via SCCM/MEM
- Deploying GPOs related to security vulnerabilities/hardening tasks
- Windows Server OS/folder permissions/certificates
- Auditing of hardware/software inventory
- Recommending and implementing policies and standards and ensuring adherence to security procedures.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members
- Responsible for writing and maintaining procedural and design documentation
- Analyze, optimize, and integrate applications and services
- Provides technical leadership to project teams
- Provide expertise for numerous core Microsoft systems & enterprise infrastructure technologies
- Leads research and develop new technology, tools and scripts to support desktop computing and the end user desktop experience
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent required
- Experienced with AD/Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, and PowerShell
- 8 years’ minimum of similar work experience in a technology client facing role
- Prior work experience at an MSP preferred
- Extensive hands-on experience automating processes through scripting using VBScript and/or PowerShell
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with SCCM 2012 R2 / SCCM 2008
- Strong ability to prioritize and plan
- Tier III support with in-depth knowledge of desktop/application troubleshooting
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics; strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and organizational skill
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical (Aetna), dental and vision coverage
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Company paid life & disability insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with 4% employer match
- $50 per month cell phone reimbursement
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary accident and illness coverage
This is a full-time position with competitive salary. Salary is evaluated from experience, demonstrated skills and accomplishments, and overall alignment to the needs of the organization.
Ascend Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We believe prosperity is driven by the diversity of our employees. We celebrate authenticity and provide a safe and inclusive environment for all.
The information you submit will be reviewed promptly! If it is determined you could be successful in this role, we will contact you for an interview. Thank you so much for your time.
Ascend Technologies Recruiting Team
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh SCCM Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.