Assist with general accounting functions including: reconciling all General Ledger accounts including bank accounts, assisting with the accurate preparation 940 & 941 Taxes, playing a key role in supporting all Staff payments, month end functions, and assisting Controller with other projects and workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation
· Calculate and file weekly/quarterly 940 & 941 taxes with IRS
· Calculate and file weekly state withholding taxes, SUTA, city & local taxes
· Process Staff Expense Reports.
· Process Credit card and ACH payments
· General support for all Accounting functions
· Maintain applicable Accounting policies
· Other assignments as deemed necessary by the Controller
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 1 to 2 years accounting , taxes, bookkeeping experience or educational equivalent
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel software
· Ability to reconcile balance sheet accounts
· Demonstrated strong analytical and organization skills
· Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with others in a professional manner
· Ability to function in a professional office environment and utilize standard office equipment
In addition to those listed below, candidates must also be able to show:
- Strong organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer systems knowledge and experience
- Research, analytical and investigative skills
- Desire to meet regulations
Job Types: Full-time, Bonus
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Ascend staffing has been connecting great people with great opportunities for over 50 years. Many of our talented workers stay with us for years because they like what they get from Ascend.
What We Offer:
Direct Deposit and Debit Card Payment Options
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Life and Short-term Disability Insurance
Our Purpose Statement:
Our purpose is to partner with employees, clients, and the community to create opportunities for growth and mutual success.
The Ascend Difference:
We do what we say we will do.
We are direct and transparent.
We find real opportunities with great employers.
We support our talent every step of the way.
We make a difference in people’s lives.
How We Help You:
Our recruiters aren’t just about filling jobs. They are about helping you achieve your goals. We put thousands of people to work every year in temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placements.
We are always looking for great people. Apply today!