Ascend Media Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ascend Media is a Kansas City-based annual meeting publication company. We enhance the meeting experience for attendees by producing premier print and digital media products that inform and engage attendees both virtually and in person.
We are currently seeking a Writer/Editor to join our team with majority experience in longer form article writing and deadline-driven article production. (Medical writing experience is a plus.) This full-time position reports to the Managing Editor and Vice President of Content, while working closely with a team of writer/editors and designers.
All Ascend employees work remotely with access to MS Teams and
Zoom to collaborate virtually throughout the workday. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as access to reliable internet are musts.
If you are into your days at work flying by, covering a range of topics in your writing, and problem-solving on your toes to make deadlines, alongside a fun and supportive team, then we encourage you to apply.
In addition to the required skillset (listed below), applicants eager to jump in feet first and work with a variety of clients and in print and digital channels will find this position to be a great fit.
New grads encouraged to apply!
To be considered, portfolio of published work is required along with resume. Link to online portfolio is preferred.
Writer/Editor Candidate Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism is required.
· Superior article writing and editing skills required.
· Excellent interview skills needed.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent time-management skills and ability to manage own time.
· Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients.
· Working knowledge of editorial design and page layout.
· Familiarity with HTML.
· Work simultaneously on writing content for a variety of clients. Juggling skills, teamwork and flexibility are a must!
· Maintain open communication virtually and to independently stay on task in a remote work environment.
· Travel required to client annual meetings to produce on-site publications. Weekends, or one weekend day, included in some travel.
· Write and edit preview articles to tease the upcoming event, live articles on-site at client events and wrap-up articles following their events.
· Communicate effectively with clients to keep projects on track.
· Consult with editors and designers to move products through stages of production.
· Report to Managing Editor and Vice President of Content.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Full-time work from home/remote
· Paid holidays along with paid vacation and sick time
· Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
· Retirement plan
Ascend Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Ascend MediaWhy Work Here?
Dynamic and fast-moving team effort.
AddressOverland Park, KS
AutomotiveView all jobs at Ascend Media