Grace Hospice of Puerto Rico - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Opportunities to advance and grow your career
- And More!
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Grace Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Great new Career Opportunity in Hospice!
Now Hiring - Social Worker -Puerto Rico - Metro, Northeast, Southwest and Central island
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Social Worker will be responsible for but is not limited to:
- Assesses emotional factors related to terminal illness.
- Assesses environmental resources and obstacles to maintain safety
- Provides emotional support, short-term crisis intervention and individual and/or family counseling when indicated
- Maintains contact with appropriate community agencies and services in order to promote interagency cooperation and to facilitate related referrals
- Evaluates patient/family response to psychosocial interventions
- Assesses special needs related to cultural diversity including communication, space, role of family members and special traditions
- Performs comprehensive initial psychosocial assessments Assesses the patient/family psychosocial status, potential for risk of suicide and/or abuse or neglect
Master's Degree in Social Work
- Minimum 1 year of Medical Social Work experience, Hospice preferred
- Must have a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) certificate
- Understanding of hospice philosophy related to families in crisis and end of life issues
- Ability to multitask & prioritize work load
- Must be willing to travel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.