Director of Supply Chain Management
You will work for a company that is transforming the industry.
We are Ascend, one of the highest volume clinical laboratories in the United States. With the use of the most advanced tools and technology, we process millions of tests each month. For over 30 years, we have been delivering industry-leading service and excellence in testing. At Ascend, we are relentlessly innovating and growing to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Ascend is unlike most companies, offering the discipline of a healthcare leader and the mentality of a tech startup. At all times, our employees are taking on new challenges and solving problems. As a company that is on the leading edge, we are seeking individuals with a similar mindset who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
As Director of Supply Chain Management, you will manage and organize all activities related to the products and goods that we maintain and supply to our customers. Your role begins with identifying resources and materials and ends with the purchase of goods by our clients. You will partner with the operations and finance teams to help build and maintain efficient processes and procedures for supplier and inventory management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role is responsible for:
- Establishing processes and procedures for efficient procurement and inventory management
- Establishing and/or maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Supplier negotiation and supplier selection
- Placing orders with supplier and confirming pricing and availability
- Confirming purchase orders and ETA with employees that generated requests for purchases
- Manage warehouse staff and all order fulfillment activities
- Oversee receiving of all supplies and services
- Managing the preparation and reporting of monthly inventory
- Reporting of purchasing trends, supply usage, and contract performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Laboratory purchasing, a plus
- Experience with ERP, Purchasing, and/or Inventory Management Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Detail orientation and ability to work with large product numbers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit - As the industry leader, we are continually innovating and breaking new ground.
- Dynamic environment - Expect new challenges and make an impact every day.
- Personal development - Always opportunities to learn and grow.
- Generous benefits - Medical, PTO Policy and Company 401K match.