Health and Physical Education Teacher, Private School
- Posted: 11 days ago
Ascend Career Services is partnering with Abraxas Youth and Family Services to hire a Health and Physical Education Teacher. Abraxas is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. Abraxas is a great place to start or advance your career whatever your level of education may be. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, Abraxas has a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services!
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a company match up to 5%
- And much more!
Position also includes a $2,000 signing bonus!
This is a year-round teaching position
- Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most
appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are
outlined in the school curriculum.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’
- Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and
grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and
- Develops daily lesson plans and completes all required educational paperwork
- Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and
represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and
teacher training workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field in subject matter that is utilized for
teaching experience AND State certification (public (level I or II) or private)
in education; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with interest and ability to obtain emergency/permanent
teaching certification per PDE requirements
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances, and FBI) and pre-employment drug screening.
Ascend Career Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?