Licensed Pediatric Psychologist Bilingual
Ascend Behavior Partners Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The average age of diagnosis for a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is 4+ years old, but the evidence shows that parents may detect developmental concerns 2 years sooner (Gorden-Lipkin, 2016). This delay is a missed opportunity to begin therapy to maximize the childs skills acquisition and quality of life.
Ascend Behavior Partners' solution to this challenge is to partner with families living with autism to build a strong foundation for their children in early childhood and beyond.
We coordinate timely access to diagnostic evaluations and provide home-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. We collaborate with other providers through frequent and high-value communication, and we proactively connect families with additional resources beneficial to the familys personalized care plan.
Were a different kind of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Family Services, and Psychological Services provider. We partner with our families. We prioritize our caregivers. We are expanding access to services for all families. And we use technology to enhance our teams and client experience.
Our Pediatric Psychologists desire to change lives and to reduce the average age of diagnosis as part of a growing team.
- Conduct 3-4 comprehensive evaluations per week for children ages 0-3 (clinical interview, behavioral observations, developmental testing, cognitive testing)
- Conduct services and meetings using a variety of modalities, such as telephone, telehealth, and in-person
- Complete comprehensive evaluation reports in a timely fashion so families can access services sooner
- Although our primary focus is autism, Ascend psychologists also provide differential diagnoses
- Have thoughtful, effective conversation with families when delivering results in a way that maximizes their success in entering intervention
- Collaborate with our Family Support team and ABA team for warm-hand offs for families who choose us for services
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings and trainings
- Follow-up care coordination with familys pediatrician and other providers
- Potentially supervise of Post-Doctoral Fellows
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or School Psychology
- Already licensed in the State of Arizona
- Willingness and/or able to be credentialed with Ascend payers
- Reliable transportation to travel to office locations for evaluations
- Able to pass a background check and qualified to work in the US
- Experience working with children with autism and other developmental differences
- Training and experience in the ADOS-2, especially the Toddler Module and Modules 1 & 2
- Experience with differential diagnosis in the context of an evaluation for autism
- High degree of empathy to interact with families
- Value humble learning and coaching; lifelong learner with a growth-oriented mindset
- Enjoy working with young children and their families and a gift for building strong therapeutic relationships with them families
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commitment to ethical practices, including evidence-based treatment for children with an autism diagnosis
- Proficiency in or ability to learn programs like Central Reach, Google Calendar/Meet/Chat, etc.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, high-energy; you love life!
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Extremely positive and high-achieving work culture focused on changing lives and growing professionally
- Be a part of a growing team with a similar passion
- Coaching from highly experienced clinicians
- Innovation in psychological evaluations to improve access to care
- Highly competitive pay for your region
- Paid Time Off and Sick Leave
- Full medical, vision and dental benefits upon qualification
- 401k matching program
- Insurance billing, scheduling, and administrative support teams
- Annual professional development budget
- Marketing handled internally
- Stability of hours and client referral sources
- W-2 employment status
- Team support for collaboration on difficult cases
We know the recent months have been uncertain and unpredictable. At Ascend, we value the health and safety of our partners and families during these difficult times. Our diagnostic team is highly innovative and adaptable, including specializing in telehealth evaluations for autism. We also have protocols in place to keep families and partners safe during in-person services, as appropriate.