Are you a technician graduate seeking an opportunity to begin your Automotive career?
Gray Daniels Toyota is Now Expanding our team!
Seeking Entry Level Mechanic for high volume shop!
Come Grow With Us!
The Entry Level Mechanic is responsible for the efficient, accurate and complete regular maintenance of customer vehicles. This position requires exceptional teamwork and the ability to work repetitively on complex tasks. This position is a combination of hourly and flat rate pay.
- Perform oil changes, tire rotations/balances, battery testing, fluid checks and/or flushes
- Perform air filter changes
- Perform alignment checks
- Perform routine vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Introduction into light line automotive repairs
- Makes accurate use of the multi-point inspection form on each vehicle
- Perform work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory instructions and standards
- Stay up to date by reading and understanding factory bulletins, covering campaigns, updates and recalls
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Examine assigned vehicles to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Understands and completes required training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc
- Utilizes product and technical training as assigned by the manufacturer and management
- Participate in manufacturer-sponsored training programs and schools
- Continuously expand your knowledge of new technology to gain additional practice
- Automotive technical school certifications a plus!
- Previous experience highly preferred
- Automotive apprenticeship experience a plus
- Must have good prior work or school attendance
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Must be at least eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have basic tools
- Must pass pre-employment screening (background and drug test)
In order for you to be your best for our customers, you have to be healthy, financially-secure and continue to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. We are committed to helping you achieve these goals through our competitive benefits and perks program!
- Competitive weekly pay
- 401k plans with company matching for most full-time and part-time team members
- Health care - medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- ZERO-COST medical premium for base HDHP option for team member only coverage (select roles eligible and job tenure applies: A&B Technicians, Body Shop Technicians, Internal Technician, Body Shop Mechanical Tech's, Painters, Shop Foreman, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Body Shop Estimators.)
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance ($30,000 complimentary), short-term and long-term disability plans
- Paid holidays and PTO (up to 28 days depending on length of employment service and position)
- Stock Equity Grant program for high performance (select front-line team members eligible!)
- Employee discounts on service and cars
- Up to 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave program
- Career Path tool to assist in career development
- Scholarship program for employees, their parents, and their dependents
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Recognition program with opportunity to earn credit on Amazon.com
- Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Requisition ID: 2019-22843
Post: external careers: 10/16/2019
External Company Name: Asbury Automotive Group
External Company URL: asburyauto.com
Street: 104 Gray-Daniels Blvd.