Ary Corporation is seeking a motivated Heavy Highway Civil Construction Superintendent for A&S Construction
STARTING PAY UP TO $95,000 ANNUALLY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
401K WITH COMPANY MATCH
FULL HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION BENEFITS AVAILABLE
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 50 YEARS
This role requires employee to travel.
A project Superintendent is responsible for the general progress of the project. The Superintendent will work closely with all employees, subcontractors, and material suppliers to ensure the project remains on schedule and within budget. The Superintendent directs activities of workers concerned with construction of highways or other construction projects by performing the assigned duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong commitment to safety
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing the activities of multiple field employees in Highway and Dirt construction
- Experience with project cost management
- Experience and the ability to communicate with project owners
- A valid Driver’s License
- Experience leading a team
- Knowledge of large heavy civil construction projects
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- A high level of motivation and enthusiasm for what we do
- A desire to learn and grow within an outstanding Colorado based company
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assembles members of organization at start of project.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with workforce personnel and subcontractors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with project activities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; MS Project project management software.
- Ability to manage 2 to 4 subordinate Foreman. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. A successful candidate may be required to directly supervise 1 to 5 non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Ary Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.