Customer Service Representative
Arvest- Jonesboro Paragould, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Positions are available for full time and part time.
Position requires availability Monday through Friday 7am to 8pm and Saturdays 8 am to 5 pm.
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Contact Center Supervisor, the Dispute Specialist is responsible for providing sincere, professional, and quality phone and digital service to bank customers in regards to suspected and/or reported on ACH (Automated Clearing House), ATM/iTM (Automated Teller Machine and Interactive Teller Machine), and Point of Sale transaction disputes. The incumbent is also responsible for retrieving all required documentation for filing, and educating the customer on expectations throughout the dispute process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service by displaying sincere, outgoing, friendliness which includes answering phones promptly, consistently exhibiting courtesy, competency and concern.
- Answer internal and external customer telephone inquiries by using proper telephone guidelines, account verification techniques, utilizing multiple banking systems to access customer account information and promptly following through to a satisfactory resolution on inquiries, requests and/or complaints.
- Daily processing of cardholder Point of Sale, ATM/iTM withdrawals, ATM/iTM deposit, and ACH disputes in accordance with Arvest policies, Regulation E, Visa, & NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) rules. Must be well versed on dispute types and which disputes allow for provisional credit and which types require card cancellation.
- Ensure proper documentation of all case activity including contacts, documents reviewed and statements made by all involved parties.
- Assist with customer complaints or inquiries regarding dispute claims, as well as, card cancellations and new card orders when applicable.
- Offer additional services to customers by recognizing opportunities and educating customers about product enhancements, new products or services.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes, but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 1 year of customer service.
- 6 months of banking or financial institution experience required.
- Completion of Contact Center Core Training within 60 days required.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills required.
- Contact/Call Center experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to occasionally work overtime
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and to talk and hear. The associate must occasionally reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Arvest Bank is a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With more than 230 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you!
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis, which now or in the future may be specified by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Arvest- Jonesboro