This position reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Manager, Payroll Preparation, and Processing. The position is responsible for payroll data entry and validation tasks. The position will collect and process labor, travel, and enterprise files, load all information into PeopleSoft Payroll, and validate gross to net payroll calculations are accurate and error-free. The role will perform entry of supplemental earnings and deductions into web-based payroll data entry tools (e.g. Web Payroll Interface), following set payroll input processes to ensure entries are approved and appropriate. The position is responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure the creation of payroll information is accurate and complete. The position will interface with various groups within the FSS including Time Collection, Travel and Expense, and Payroll Processing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs day-to-day activities related to the data entry and validation of payroll for employees
2. Executes processes via an automated scheduler that loads on-cycle payroll information including labor (time collection), travel and expense, and other enterprise files.
3. Calculates and enters supplemental earnings transactions (e.g. military differentials, PTO sell, etc.) and deductions (e.g. employee repayments) to ensure complete and accurate gross to net payroll can be developed.
4. Supports any incoming requests to perform any off-cycle payroll processing, as required.
5. Reviews and validates payroll prior to any payroll run or disbursement, to ensure payroll is complete and accurate across the organization. Troubleshoots issues in conjunction with the Payroll Processing team.
6. Assist with Payroll Testing during implementation projects.
7. Performs other related duties, as required.
Key Job Requirements Min. Experience:
• 2 years related experience
• Familiarity with payroll functions and processes
•Familiarity enterprise-wide payroll software
• Experience with Microsoft Office required
• Strong process and systems skills
• Proficiency with numbers and strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization and follow-through skills
• 2+ years experience preferred
• Able to articulate complex subject matter effectively
• Able to anticipate problems and respond accordingly
• Excellent entrepreneurial skills and ability to work independently
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft Payroll
• Familiarity with federal and state wage and tax laws
• Payroll certifications (including FPC or CPP) preferred
• Experience interfacing with customers
Min. Education: High School Diploma
Pref. Education: Associates Degree in the relevant field in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematical studies
Please visit us at https://artizenstaffing.com/
Why Work Here?Established in 1991, Artizen has a long history of providing highly skilled, key team members nationwide to Fortune 500 and other prominent companies. Our extensive network of professionals enables us to quickly and effectively respond to client hiring needs with top-tier candidates for information technology, finance & accounting, marketing and human resources positions. Please visit us at https://artizenstaffing.com/
Great company culture, Awesome leadership team, Great work/life balance!