Senior Research Associate, Discovery
- Posted: over a month ago
Artiva Biotherapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biotech company headquartered in San Diego. Our mission is to deliver highly effective, off-the-shelf, allogeneic, natural killer (NK) cell-based therapies that are safe and accessible to cancer patients. Our therapies have the potential to treat both hematological and solid tumors. These NK cell therapies are intended to address the limitations of CAR-T cell therapies, including safety, scale of production, and off-the-shelf access. Our established “Manufacturing-First” approach has enabled us to produce, store, and ship our product candidates and make them accessible like traditional protein biologic therapies. Artiva has raised approximately $200 million from a group of leading life sciences investors and announced a major collaboration with Merck in 2021.
The Senior Research Associate, Discovery, will be responsible for conducting pre-clinical research work in NK cell therapy space to support the development of new pipeline candidates. The selected candidate will work under the joint guidance of Sr. Scientist/Sr. Director.
What you'll do:
- Participate in Discovery research workflow to generate proof of concept data.
- Perform cell culture to maintain tumor cell line and maintain primary NK cells cultures.
- Genetic engineering of various tumor cells and primary immune cells including lentiviral transductions and gene knockout techniques.
- Perform in vitro assays to determine NK cell cytolytic function such as short-term cytotoxicity assay (flow cytometry based), long-term cytotoxicity (IncuCyte based) and Antibody Dependent Cellular Cytotoxicity (ADCC).
- Evaluate cytokine/chemokine secretion by NK cells by MSD/ ELISA methods as well as flow cytometry-based staining for intracellular cytokines (ICS).
- Conduct immune phenotyping for expression of surface receptor/markers using multi-color flow cytometry and analyze data.
- Comply with protocols, standard laboratory procedures and company policies, including notebook documentation and safety protocols.
- Analyze data a present the results in group meetings.
- Collaborate across functional groups and external research collaborators or CROs to manage projects and timelines.
What you'll bring:
- A BSc or MSc in immunology or related discipline, experience in immuno-oncology research with at least 2 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in multi-parameter flow cytometry (8+ colors) and immune cell functional assays (e.g. proliferation, cytokine production, cytotoxicity), and knowledge of cellular immunology is required.
- Prior experience with lentiviral transduction is desired.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced innovative environment with ability to manage multiple projects and timelines through outsourced or internal teams. Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and written and oral communication skills are required.
- Should be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and data quality is essential.
- Experience using scientific software, including FlowJo, GraphPad PRISM and Microsoft office is required.
- Should be motivated and driven to develop leading edge cell therapies with a patient centric outlook.
Why you should apply:
We have a fantastic team and philosophy! We are passionate – we deeply care about our team, our science, and improving the lives of cancer patients. We are tenacious – laser-focused on our mission and undeterred in our commitment to deliver life-saving medicines for cancer patients. We are innovative - pushing into new frontiers for patient benefit. We are transparent - believers in flat, accessible, and open communication paths. We are inclusive – committed to the diversity of our team and ensuring that all voices are heard.
In addition to a great culture, we offer:
- A beautiful new facility
- An entrepreneurial, highly collaborative and innovative environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Group Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays, including the year-end holiday week
- Our recognition program, Bonus.ly, is where you can trade in points earned for things you want.
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our journey!
Artiva Biotherapeutics is an equal employment opportunity employer.
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Artiva Biotherapeutics