Transform your art background into a career! Artists Frame Service, the largest custom frame shop in the country, is seeking a Framing Consultant with an ability to add a creative spin on framing ideas that leaves customers thrilled. Read ahead if you believe in the fine arts of both custom framing and customer service. Bonus if you've had some experience assembling frames, you are familiar with Photoshop and you're ready to get into a little bit of everything.
- Create a memorable and positive experience for our customers through great service.
- Assist customers in designing custom framing solutions for their artwork
- Communicate with production team on technical aspects of framing projects
- Assist customers with retail purchases and pick-ups of framed artwork.
- Handle in-house digital printing services
- Effectively use Adobe Photoshop to resize images and adjust color as needed
- Be involved in the daily operations of the store.
- Excellent math and customer service skills.
- At least 3 years retail experience.
- Weekend hours are required.
- Bachelor's degree in Art/Design
- Possess creative, methodical, as well as strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and penchant for precision.
Artists Frame Service offers extensive training in sales and framing techniques. We are an award winning company celebrating over 40 years of continuous growth and success. Come work at a friendly work environment where you can develop your skills and be surrounded by art on a daily basis. This position is located in the River North neighborhood, near the Merchandise Mart.
The concept that picture framing is a service that can be done better and more efficiently by using the latest machinery, having better-trained employees, and buying materials direct from manufacturers has been the root of Jay Goltz's vision, since our doors opened in 1978.