Artistic Tile is seeking an experienced Art Director to lead our graphic design department and direct development of all advertising campaigns, collateral creation and content development.
Artistic Tile is a luxury tile and stone design, import, distribution, and retail company that’s family owned and operated. We’re leaders in the field due to the importance we place on design innovation, quality control, and customer service. Design is central to what we do, and it’s the Art Director’s job to grasp our brand identity and communicate it to the public.
Artistic Tile’s Art Director will work within the Marketing department to produce content at a consistently high level, creating collateral for use on the company’s website, at tradeshows, in printed materials, on social media, and in print advertising campaigns.
The position requires significant hands-on work, personnel and time management skills, and mastery of the Adobe suite.
Great candidates for this position are truly creative with a strong design sense, confidence in their skills and the ability to advocate for their vision, with the patience to work within an approvals process in which those visions won’t always be realized. Working here means joining a team with strong opinions and personalities, in a setting where design excellence is realized every day and where great ideas are celebrated, but may have to compete. The best designs rise to the top here, receive our full support, and are often published internationally in some of the finest design magazines and newspapers in the world.
The marketing team you will join is staffed with professionals who excel in their roles, are consultative and supportive, and who can produce at high levels to create the content to help make your vision real. The company you will join is a recognized leader in the field, with an existing reputation it will be your job to uphold and enhance through compelling creative work.
This job operates out of Artistic Tile’s Secaucus, NJ headquarters. It’s right outside of Manhattan and an easy commute.
- Have 5+ years in a similar field with luxury experience a plus
- Be excellent communicators
- Provide an excellent portfolio with their application
- Provide recent and enthusiastic references
- Work well in a team
- Deliver on time
- Enjoy autonomy & self-direct on a day-to-day basis
- Respond well to constructive criticism
- Enjoy creating groundbreaking graphic design work that stands out
- Consistently create the requisite collateral for product and sales support
- Tuned into the trends in the design world, with an active interest in emerging and excellent design
- Have a sophisticated, well developed sense of taste/style
Bonus points for experience with:
- HTML, UX Design, Netsuite, CRM, Adwords, SEM, SEO, Social Media, Shopify Plus, Magento Enterprise, Salsify, Basecamp, Retail Store Design/Merchandising, Fiery, Printing Methods & Techniques, Photography, Video Creation & Editing, 3D Visualization & Rendering.