Here’s your opportunity to join a growing organization that is revolutionizing the craft brewing industry!
Sixpoint Brewing Company seeks an Executive Chef at our soon-to-be innovation brewery and tasting room in the heart of downtown Brooklyn! This facility will serve as Sixpoint’s headquarters and a location where consumers can experience the Sixpoint brand as well as sample and celebrate Sixpoint beers.
Sixpoint Brewing Company was founded in 2004 and is owned by Artisanal Brewing Ventures, a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States. Based in Brooklyn, the brewery is one of the New York-area’s longest-running and most well-regarded craft breweries and produces more than 50,000 barrels of craft beer a year, with four core brands: Sweet Action, Bengali, The Crisp, and Resin, as well as limited-release and seasonal products. Sixpoint has been named best craft brewer in New York on multiple occasions.
We are looking for world class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class organization.
We’re hiring for a strong leader who has had experience managing a large team of kitchen staff. To be successful in this role, you will have a multi-faceted kitchen background working within the complexity of a full menu and the ability to excel in high volume situations.
- Responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of high quality products, and upholding sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Use creativity in developing culinary menus for weekly featured selections, private event menus, and occasional special events
- Concoct unique ways to pair our craft beer platform with our menu design, such as during seasonal and limited beer release offerings
- Write and develop policies and procedures as needed for smooth day-to-day operations including, but not limited to daily checklists and logs, quality control standards, inventory tracking and food cost and usage
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Take an active role and responsibility for both new hire orientation and ongoing training of staff; including training in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, safe operation of all kitchen equipment, safety training, sanitation and cleanliness procedures, and teaching company department rules, policies, and procedures
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all featured items.
- Submit all required paperwork and reports to leadership as required and actively participate in all Management meetings
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate
- Manage the performance appraisal review process for your team
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition, and that deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter
- At least 6 months of experience in an Executive Chef manager capacity
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and/or serious interest in understanding and learning about methods of using beer in cooking and food pairings
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees and staff
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- A comprehensive insurance plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match offered after a waiting period
- Competitive pay
- Employee discount programs
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer