Artis Senior Living Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy.**
The Executive Director is responsible for planning and is accountable for all services and departments of the assisted living community subject to rules and regulations promulgated by government agencies to ensure proper services to residents. The Executive Director administers, directs and coordinates all functions of the community to assure that the highest degree of quality of care is consistently provided to the residents.
Essential Position Functions
- Implements assisted living objectives as determined and directed by the governing body. Serves as a leader who will set the vision, operating philosophy and tone of the residence.
- Oversees and implements assessment and service plan development on admission and at regular pre-determined intervals.
- Authorizes purchases of supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines established by the governing body.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of annual budgets for each department, then works with management team to ensure that all departments strive to consistently meet monthly budget guidelines.
- Assures that all opportunities to generate ancillary revenue are fully maximized and reviewed monthly.
- Assures that completed business plan is in effect and is being followed for the current fiscal year.
- Interprets personnel practices within policy guidelines and recommends changes as necessary.
- Develops a formal system of communication to insure routine and emergency information is efficiently distributed to staff, residents and the Artis office.
- Holds weekly and monthly staff and resident meetings, pre-planned with an appropriate agenda and keeps minutes that are both distributed and maintained on file.
- Superintends physical operations of the community.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with residents, relatives and employees.
- Works with the sales and marketing team to monitor admissions and customer flow.
- Promotes favorable public relations and represents the site within the community as required, specifically with those businesses that influence the senior market.
- Maintains full compliance with all government laws and regulations regarding the operation of the property.
- Consistently analyzes relevant operational data and effectively presents recommendations and conclusions in a timely manner.
- Oversees and guides department managers in the development and use of departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy.
- Interviews and hires consultants, Coordinators and other staff positions within the building as necessary.
- Confers with consultants to various departments concerning problem areas and available solutions.
- Follow through on quarterly reports from consultants.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human services management, housing management and/or nursing home management. Senior Living is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of three years demonstrated management and supervisory experience.
- Position may require current license or certification or may be required by applicable state and regulatory agencies.
At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy.
In order to be considered, please send a detailed and up-to-date resume if interested in the posted position.
Artis Senior Living
BusinessView all jobs at Artis Senior Living