Director of Life Enrichment (Activities)
Artis Senior Living Wilmette, IL
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The position plans, prepares for, coordinates, and conducts the day to day programming within the community. Responsible for developing a comprehensive calendar which enriches the lives of the residents, involves the associates and families, and meets the philosophical approach of Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way. Oversees and supervises the Life Enrichment associates.
- Develops and conducts programs that meet the individualized needs of the resident population at the community.
- Supervises life enrichment associates. Includes interviewing, hiring, onboarding, providing support and direction, and holding accountable to the company standards and philosophy.
- Coordinates the schedules of the Life Enrichment associates to assure adequate coverage of programs
- Collaborates with other life enrichment assistants to develop a monthly/weekly calendar that meets the Artis standards and the individual interests of the residents
- Responsible for finalizing the weekly calendar and assuring timely posting/distribution of the calendar.
- Utilizes the Partnership Profile to develop appropriate programs of interest to the residents
- Utilizes the associate Partnership Profile to involve associates in programs of interest and to enhance the monthly/weekly calendar
- Knows, understands, and demonstrates the company philosophy of Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way.
- Assures that the ARTIS specific programs are being held as designated (i.e.: Time to Dish; Town Hall meeting; I CAN program; and I’m AlWrite)
- Coordinates with outside agencies and organizations to develop programs to enhance the resident’s experiences and programs
- Plans out trips for residents that meet their individual needs and are appropriate for residents with memory loss.
- Responsible for arranging transportation for out trips.
- Provides information to the Director of Health and Wellness and/or the Director of Partnership Development regarding the residents’ participation and abilities in order to assist with the development of a personalized care plan.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with family members regarding level of participation in programs.
- Supports and maintains an effective volunteer program through screening, orienting, training, supervising and evaluating volunteers. Also maintains adequate records on volunteers and complies with government standards for documentation.
- Keeps within budgetary guidelines set forth in the budge. Utilize spend down to assure compliance.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining, and securing needed supplies for the department.
- Maintains the life enrichment environment in a professional and adult manner. Assures shadow boxes and bulletin boards are presented in an organized and mature way.
- Contacts performers and other purchased service vendors to schedule.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years dementia specific experience, with primary focus on programming, activities, or social services. An Associate’s Degree or TRD preferred.
- Must be qualified by experience and training to develop programs appropriate for elders and disabled individuals, interact with family members, and provide dementia specific information to others
At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy.
In order to be considered, please send a detailed and up-to-date resume if interested in the posted position.
Artis Senior LivingWhy Work Here?
We are a company that appreciates our employees and embraces positive partnerships. We operate The Artis Way.
At Artis Senior Living, our mission is to provide the finest level of memory care through individually designed programs combined with a compassionate dedication to each resident’s comfort and needs. Artis focuses on memory care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Through our mission of compassionate, individualized assisted living care, our associates, residents, and their families join together to create a haven of dignity, empowerment, well being, and comfort. At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy. In order to be considered, please send a detailed and up-to-date resume if interested in the posted position. EOE