Summary - role is at Great Falls Assisted Living!
*Preference is experience in a healthcare setting, specifically Assisted Living* Must have direct experience!
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for the Environmental Services operation of the community as well as overseeing the safety and security of the community residents and staff. He/she is responsible for performing repairs and Environmental Services on equipment. Other responsibilities of the position include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as needed, and performing regular daily, weekly and monthly Environmental Services checks in accordance with Artis policy. The Director of Environmental Services follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the Environmental Services department, keeps required records and submits them to the Executive Director and Property Manager when required. The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for efficiently managing the building’s housekeeping and laundry operations and the Housekeeping Department staff. This position requires supervisory abilities, along with extensive knowledge of institutional housekeeping operations, including supplies ordering, cleaning procedures, and equipment operation.
Essential Position Functions
- Oversees Environmental Services, security, housekeeping and laundry.
- Coordinates and provides for the completion of corrective and preventative Environmental Services of the grounds and building in a timely manner.
- Maintains the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.
- Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
- Maintains the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good working order, performs test on fire alarm and emergency generator system weekly and keeps required records of test results.
- Performs preventative and corrective equipment Environmental Services.
- Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Environmental Services Department.
- Participates in budget planning for the Environmental Services Department.
- Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Executive Director’s approval.
- Attends Coordinator meetings and sits on required committees.
- Remains on call for emergencies 24 hours a day, as needed.
- Assures that all staff in this department is thoroughly oriented to their job expectations and customer relation issues.
- Trains all departmental staff so that all bill backs are confirmed with the resident prior to work performed and every effort is made to maximize ancillary revenue.
- Follows proper work order procedures, confirms receipt and sees that work schedule is made for each resident within 24 hours of the order.
- Develops a current ledger to be kept on all vendor accounts, outside contractors and technicians by service area, and contact person.
- Maintains OSHA regulations on file or posted.
- Maintains records of drills and safety training for all employees.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when bending, lifting and using equipment or chemicals.
- Assures that the department consistently meets budgetary guidelines on a monthly basis.
- Supervises security staff.
- Maintains key/lock/card system for apartments and offices.
- Establish and enforce Security Policy and Procedures.
- Consistently follows a written, current master cleaning plan for the entire community;
- Assures that apartment/common areas cleaning schedules are maintained and posted;
- Assures that housekeeping staff is following apartment cleaning protocol.
- Informs housekeeping of limitations of service and ancillary charge schedule.
- Assures that staff work schedules are planned at least one week in advance and strictly comply with the labor budget.
- Assures that copies of current service contracts operating and service manuals, and all warranty information are properly filed and accessible.
- Assures that supplies are ordered on a timely basis, inventoried quarterly, and stored in a secure area.
- Assures that a written key control policy is in place and consistently followed. Checks out keys to housekeeping aides for apartments they have cleaning responsibility for only.
- Informs all staff of infection control and disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with Artis policy.
- Assures that all chemicals are stored and labeled in accordance with Artis policy.
- Assures that staff are fully trained on safety procedures for refilling self-dispensing chemicals.
- Assures that inventories of and emergency procedures for each chemical are on file and are accessible.
- Is aware of individual resident needs and reports noticeable changes in functioning to supervisor.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, moving furniture and using chemicals.
- Assures that par levels are developed and maintained at all times with a written inventory to assure an adequate supply of linens (good condition).
- Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsels/disciplines assigned personnel according to the established company personnel policy.
- Assists in performing housekeeping duties as needed.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS.
- Puts Customer Service First; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- Must have demonstrated experience as a plant engineer and is sensitive to needs of elders and disabled persons.
- Experience in supplies ordering and cleaning equipment operation is preferred.
- A high school degree or a graduation equivalent is required.
- Basic knowledge of wiring, plumbing, painting, carpentry, heating and HVAC systems
At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy.
In order to be considered, please send a detailed and up-to-date resume if interested in the posted position.
Artis Senior Living
Why Work Here?At Artis Senior Living, our mission is to provide the finest level of memory care through individually designed programs combined with a compassionate dedication to each resident’s comfort and needs. Artis focuses on memory care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Through our mission of compassionate, individualized care, our associates, residents, and their families join together to create a haven of dignity, empowerment, well being, and comfort. At Artis Senior Living, we value positive partnerships and recognize our employees for a job well done. We offer high quality benefits, including medical and dental, available at just 30 or more hours per week. Our 401k program is robust and we offer an all-inclusive Employee Assistance Program, for those times when it’s needed. Our nursing staff is eligible for assistance to further education and we have numerous career development opportunities because we choose to promote from within. Why join Artis? Because once you do, you’ll never want to work anywhere else again. This is The Artis Way, where success and recognition is a part of our philosophy. In order to be considered, please send a detailed and up-to-date resume if interested in the posted position. EOE
We are a company that appreciates our employees and embraces positive partnerships. We operate The Artis Way.