Patient Services Representative
- Posted: 2 days ago
Articularis Healthcare Group (AHG) is currently seeking a full-time Patient Services Representative in our Athens, GA location.
4-day work week
Benefits package that includes group medical, dental, vision, short-term & long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, PTO and 401K.
Articularis Healthcare Group, Inc (AHG) is a physician led and owned organization dedicated to improving healthcare by supporting independent rheumatology practices across the country. As the nation’s largest rheumatology specialty group with 20+ practices across 7 states, AHG provides access to best business practices, advisory and management services, and value-based treatment pathways.
Please visit our website at www.articularishealthcare.com for more information.
The Patient Service Representative will be responsible for handling all front desk duties for the practice. Ensuring that patients are the number one priority, whether over the phone or in person. Greeting every patient and guardian with a smile and accommodate their needs in a comfortable and pleasant manner to provide the best experience.
As a Patient Services Representative, a typical day might look like:
- Welcoming patients upon arrival to the office and checking them in for appointments.
- Talking with patients to confirm their demographics and insurance information.
- Collecting co-payments and outstanding balances.
- Answering the telephone and addressing patient needs and questions in a friendly manner.
- Checking patients out upon completion of their appointment and scheduling any follow-up care.
- Monitoring provider schedules and adjusting/rescheduling appointments as needed.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an associate degree with 2 years or any combination of education and work experience in a customer service-related role.
- You have experience working in a medical/clinical setting.
- You enjoy assisting people in person and over the phone in a fast-paced environment.
- You connect well with others and are comfortable talking to people.
- You don’t get flustered or take it personally when having to deal with an upset patient.
- You are familiar with NextGen EMT System or another EMR
- You have a knowledge of medical terminology
Why you should apply:
Joining our AHG team will provide you with a positive team environment, growth and advancement opportunities, as well as a work/life balance. With our office hours of Monday through Thursday, you will be able to enjoy your nights and 3-day weekends with family and friends.
Once you submit your application, a member of our Talent Acquisition Team will review your resume and application. A team member will reach out to you directly if you are a fit for the position.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?