This position requires Automotive Manufacturing Stamping experience.
The Tooling Manager directs the Tooling support groups for present and future tooling projects related to production and the overall needs of the plant.
Senior Tooling Manager Functions:
• Manage Tooling Coordinators for all shifts and Manage overtime requirements for department
• Oversee the maintenance and PM’s of press dies
• Maintains weld fixture tooling
• Interfacing with Divisional Engineering projects and programs
• Assesses and maintains the proper manning levels for disciplines within the department
• Establishes and manages departmental budgets
• Develops and manages the Capital Programs for the Tooling area
• Coordinates essential training for departmental personnel to enhance and support job responsibilities
• Oversee the rotation of production tasks
• Support Production Coordinators to maximize production and product quality while minimizing downtime and scrap
• Promote team involvement activities to improve systems used in the all areas
• Additional responsibilities as required – this position is subject to change as the needs of the department change
• Work in a safe manner and encourage others to do so.
• Report all unsafe acts and conditions immediately
• Use our Innovation process and the team concept to improve safety in the plant
• Be proactively involved with improving working conditions.
• Offer ideas for improvement of all systems and help implement them
• Lead area in achieving plant quality objectives/goals
• 100% on-time delivery to customer
• Target 0 PPM on parts for all our customers
• Understand customer needs and work towards meeting and exceeding them
• Maintain the appearance of a World Class Facility
• Actively support full implementation of the 5S’s, using it to approach and keep all areas clean, neat and properly maintained.
• Continuous Improvement
Senior Tooling Manager Requirements:
• 4 year college degree
• 5 years experience in supervision
• 5 years experience with automated manufacturing
• 5 years experience with automotive stamping
• Experience in developing and using systems
• Experience with safety programs and preventative maintenance systems
• Housekeeping and attendance systems
• Technical knowledge in Industrial Manufacturing, Plant Engineering and Tooling
• Technical Degree in Tooling Manufacturing, or combination of education and related experience.
• Proficient with EDM, Lathes, CNC Mills and surface grinders
• Proficient with CadKey light or autocad
• Proficient with Microsoft software
• Proficient with Blue Print
• Proficient in Automotive Press stamping
• Experience with employee involvement teams and on scheduling
Please download a detailed resume to the application - otherwise a short form resume will be sent and your qualifications cannot be viewed for consideration. Please do not use Zip Recruiter's resume offered, or a Linked In resume - it is not enough information! Please no picture or scanned resumes - it must be in a file that can be easily viewed.
Full benefits package and some relocation assistance available. Salary will range between $120,000 and $130,000 per year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!