This position requires Automotive Manufacturing experience with an Engineering and Maintenance background.
The Senior Engineering Manager directs the new launch engineering team of the facility. Coordinates the engineering efforts for new product lines. Quotes new projects and make strategic plans, leads maintenance and tooling systems. Makes engineering decisions and assigns engineering projects as necessary. Point person for Maintenance, Tooling, and Manufacturing Engineering functions at the facility. Develops launch engineering policies and procedures.
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
· Direct the efforts of manufacturing engineers in the function of preparing for new launch;
· Develop detailed plans for all aspects of launch relating to Engineering and coordinate planning activity for other departments planning;
· Coordinate tooling and capital acquisition and installation for new programs and engineering changes;
· Assist in resolving ongoing quality and manufacturing issues requiring new technology;
· Plan and coordinate changes to plant layout and building modifications/expansions;
· Train and develop a staff skilled in launch engineering activities;
· Train, guide and develop staff in other departments relating to new launch activity;
· Develop and manage tooling, capital and engineering budgets;
· Support customer requirements for documentation for tooling cost recovery;
· Implement effective lessons learned for all new launch based global group data.
· Engineer the processes to meet quality and production standards;
· Maintain machines;
· Direct the APQP activities for new programs.
· Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts;
· Assist Quality department in gauge/check fixture development;
· Coordinate activities relating to new launch;
· To assure company keeps up with latest technology;
· Manages all members of the Manufacturing Engineering Department, Tooling Department, and Maintenance Department.
· Interface with customers, Production, Sales, Purchasing, Finance, Quality, Human Resources, industrial relations, local community officials, and technical and trade organizations.
SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
· BS Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Or Manufacturing. Prefer a Master’s degree.
· 12+ years’ experience in the automotive industry with a maintenance background.
· Knowledge of work cells, single piece flow and J.I.T.
· Ability to direct project from design through tooling. Direct all tasks such as ordering of tooling and equipment. Machine installation, prototype handling, container planning, quantity and placement of WIP, operator training, process control plans, budgeting, etc.
· Experience in Advanced Quality Product Planning.
· ISO and TS engineering management knowledge.
· 10+ years of increasing lean manufacturing experience.
Please include your contact information on the resume that you have downloaded. If you do not download your resume, a short form resume will be sent and your qualifications and employment history will not be included. Do not use Indeed's resume or a Linked In resume.
Salary $110,000 - $120,000 a year with light relocation assistance.