A detailed resume is required to be considered for this position. Please download your resume to your application - do not use Linked In or Easy Apply or your profile on your application as it does not provide enough information!
Manufacturing Safety Manager Summary:
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
Manufacturing Safety Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs, reviews, and approves EHS staff work assignments
· Analyzes the effectiveness of Eng. and Mgmt. control systems by performing audits on a regular basis that include physical, chemical, ergonomic, and other safety checks
· Provides guidance for the EHS training efforts so that all required Plant Safety Standards are met
· Develops and conducts EHS training programs including behavior based safety courses
· Assists in leading the efforts associated with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program preparation and application
· Provide Mgmt. with statistical analysis of EHS KPIs and root cause analysis
· Coordinates incident reduction efforts
· Provides interpretations regarding regulatory and other standards such as ANSI, NFPA, NEC, etc.
· Trains and mentors other associates on company EHS policies
· Coordinates and participates in annual and on-going projects
· Evaluates team members’ work performance and assists in fostering development
· Plans, evaluates, and improves EHS policies and procedures and ensures their compliance with regulatory standards.
Manufacturing Safety Manager Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or related field
· 3 years of supervisory experience in Environmental, Health and Safety in a manufacturing facility.
· In-depth knowledge of EHS policies, procedures, terminology, and laws/regulations
· Good presentation skills
· Knowledge of appropriate office software
· Ability to provide input, recommendations, and negotiate both internally and externally
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including being on call 24hrs/day
· Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively
· Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity under a variety of conditions
Please provide a detailed resume when applying and do not use a short form resume (that is offered through the application) as it does not provide your complete list of responsibilities.
Salary $90,000 - $130,000 a year.