A manufacturing company seeks a dynamic individual with a strong skill set, solid track record and willingness to grow and advance within a top notch organization. We offer excellent compensation, benefits and a bright future. We have multiple locations, record sales and a solid business plan.
This position requires Auto Parts Manufacturing.
PLC AUTOMATION ENGINEER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works with all areas of engineering and production to provide the best manufacturing methods and keeps Manufacturing Engineering Manager abreast of the status of established projects.
· Works with outside vendors or contractors where needed on most projects and with representatives of corporate manufacturing engineering and application/product engineering when needed.
· Investigates alternative solutions for given projects and develops cost information for each. Makes recommendations to Manager and responsible for the execution of project.
· Keen problem-solving skill required with structured us of core tools tied to the 8D process.
· Designs equipment when necessary, specifies equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements. Will trouble-shoot machine control programs and develop or modify PLC programs where needed.
· As required, will write requisitions for materials explaining the specific needs to outside vendors, the tool room, or other sources to assure the build or repair of required tools.
· Involved in assisting production on all shifts with complex problems through minor changes in a manufacturing process, to a major modification of an existing piece of equipment (mechanical or electrical). This includes the possible recommendation and installation of equipment and process qualification where applicable.
· Assigned to major projects such as the set-up of new pieces of equipment authorized for purchase or transferred from another plant in conjunction with the requirements for the project.
· Capable of leading cross-functional teams in problem solving events.
· Will contribute to each phase of the installation, set-up, debugging, implementation, safety and ergonomic review, documentation, and training on the equipment before being released to production.
· Required to utilize the core manufacturing tools of Detailed Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, Control Plans and associated charting.
· Other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Engineering degree required with Electrical Engineering knowledge a plus
· Knowledge of Allen Bradley controllers, other PLC’s and strong trouble-shooting and programming skills is required for this position. Prior knowledge a plus training for required if knowledge gaps exist.
· Strong analytical skills including knowledge of CAD applications (preferably Solid Edge), knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles, and knowledge of other computer-based software.
· Maintain a practical knowledge of operating systems and mechanical equipment throughout the plant.
· Constantly seek to improve process controls by developing awareness of new electrical control systems and mechanical technology and generate cost savings related to the manufacturing processes.
· Minimum of two years of manufacturing engineering experience preferred
· Strong programming knowledge is preferred with experience working with robotic systems a plus.
Salary $70,000 - $80,000 a year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!