- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Many resumes arrive with no phone number or email address. To be considered for positions, you must download your own professional resume and complete the application with your phone number and email address.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is required to work with all departments on the development of new products ensure customer and IATF 16949 requirements are met. This includes all quality related aspects of PPAP, prototype and ongoing product development. Under the general direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer works independently and is responsible for all Q.A. related activities relative to the development of new and existing products.
QUALITY ENGINEER DUTIES
· Act as a champion/decision maker for quality related issues within the scope of responsibility
· Maintain a thorough understanding of customer product and engineering specifications
· Lead all program launch activities from the quality perspective
· Coordinate tasks/responsibilities to production personnel regarding Quality issues
· Train and mentor quality and production personnel as required (Customer requirements, etc.)
· Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
· Works with personnel on APQP and cross functional teams on the development of new and existing components to meet critical customer deadlines
· Implement new procedures and processes in prototype stages of product launches in compliance with customer specific requirements
· Coordinate, prepare and implement new program fixture build cost, timing and quality, to meet customer and division standards
· Actively participates in the development and maintenance of PFMEA’s
· Review problem reports and responses with resolutions to ensure there will be no recurrence
· Evaluate dimensional issues and develop appropriate counter measures on new programs in conjunction with the project co-ordinator and/or customer
· Liaise between customers, Q.A., Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontractors
· Plan and prepare PPAP submissions on new products and engineering changes to meet customer deadlines and customer specific requirements
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality while managing customer sensitive documents and data that drives process and product changes
· Develop and maintain Q.A. Control Plan Package documentation and procedures both pre-launch and production
· Evaluate quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques, CAD, statistics and GD&T as required
· Assist in IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 implementation and compliance
· Perform statistical studies and report data as required
· Complies with, supports and models operational procedures/policies, Employee Handbook, and Company’s Employee’s Charter, Corporate Constitution, and Operational Principles
· Complies with relevant Quality and Environmental programs (e.g. IATF 16949, ISO 14001)
· Complies with all Health and Safety programs in accordance with OSHA. Follows and ensures Company procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Conducts themselves in a professional manner
· Keeps work area clean and tidy
· Other duties as required
QUALITY ENGINEER SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Post-secondary graduate with a degree/diploma in Quality Engineering and/or a technical degree or equivalent work related experience in the Quality field
· At least 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment with knowledge in stamping, welding, paint (e-coat) and assembly processes
· Computer proficiency is required
· Prior experience implementing procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA’s, Control Plans, Statistics, Fixture Development and independent work with tooling subcontractors.
· Demonstrated ability to use basic measurement tools (height gauge, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, caliper etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques including 3L5W, 8D, 5 Phase, Fishbone, etc.
· Advanced Knowledge of customer and IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 requirements
· Knowledge of part to part build up process
· Experience with destruct testing, measurement and metrology methods of inspection
· Advanced knowledge of CMM and dimensional reporting structures and analysis
· Stamping knowledge regarding components with understanding of how built into assembly
· Experience managing suppliers and related supplier issues
· Advanced Knowledge in Quality Management System
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Strong communication skills
· Good organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
· Ability to coordinate and facilitate cross-functional team meetings
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrates urgency and the ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
· Ability to uphold confidentiality
· Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to travel and work overtime on short notice to meet customer and plant needs
Salary $65,000 - $75,000 a year
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.