Quality Engineer (Sign on Bonus)
Arthur Wright and Associates Jackson, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!
This position requires Manufacturing knowledge/experience.
Quality Engineer Summary:
Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Quality Engineer Duties:
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Trouble shoot and resolve re-occurring manufacturing process issues.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Assist in tool design and manufacturing process development.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Develops experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable and sequential sampling methods.
- Cross functional opportunities to Business Unit to include quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Maintains statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; maintaining American Society of Quality Control Certified Quality Engineer qualification.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Quality Engineering Qualifications:
- Analyzing Information
- Reporting Research Results
- Technical Understanding
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Developing Standards
- Managing Processes
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation
- Quality Engineering
- Operations Research
- Monitors, tests and inspects products to make sure they meet specified standards.
- Verifies product dimensions, color, texture and strength and locate imperfections.
- Knowledge/experience with tools such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, volt meters, ammeters and ohmmeters, as well as electronic inspection equipment and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
- Designs systems by which production quality can be checked in an ongoing process.
- Work with the production team to implement any new testing criteria or assembly methods they may have developed.
- Assist in processes and procedures compliant with TS-16949.
- Participate on Six Sigma/Kaizen teams
- Plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration of production blanking, laser welding, and mig/tig weld processes to ensure product quality.
- Communicate with the customer.
- Prepare FMEA, Control Plan, and PPAP submissions and approval.
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quality, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- 3+ years of Tier 1 "hands on" experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Fixture and tool design experience a plus.
- Computer literacy with MS Office.
Salary $60,000 - $80,000 a year with a $2,000.00 sign on bonus!
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.