Arthur Wright and Associates Bristol, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires Manufacturing experience.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities/Summary:
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Senior Production Supervisor will direct shift production, shipping, maintenance and quality activities to execute plans and achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements while maintaining safety standards for all Plant employees.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly employees to achieve optimum rates of output consistent with short and long range production requirements and quality control parameters to include scheduling of all shifts and weekend maintenance when applicable.
- Coordinate and direct the maintenance function to include establishing maintenance schedules that reduce non-schedules down time and assure that maintenance records and equipment data information is accurate and up to date. This will include but is not limited to Plant winterization, and correct startup and shutdown procedures.
- Maintain acceptable labor and employee relations, provide positive and corrective feedback to hourly employees, administer employee handbook and company policy guidelines, and handle employee discipline matters while working closely with the Plant Superintendent and Plant Manager.
- Review and recommend actions regarding the development and training of hourly employees to maintain efficient Plant operations.
- Assure that safety, health and environmental regulations are maintained.
- Initiate corrective actions when required to maintain and improve Plant efficiency.
- Provide the Plant Superintendent with periodic updates of any problems or potential problems that would affect the ability of the Plant to produce in a safe, timely and efficient manner including, but not limited to, personnel, equipment, transportation, quality and raw materials.
- Collect, check and forward the necessary labor and operating data for submission of required reports.
- Assist in review of capital improvement projects and engineering changes to insure that they fulfill the Plant's needs, are functional and meet long-term maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate work with outside contractors.
- Ensure that Plant work standards, policies, procedures and plans are maintained at the highest levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
- In conjunction with other Supervisors, oversee on-the-job training for all personnel within the department to meet company's target on productivity and efficiency and manage within the scheduled financial budget Oversee and maintain inventory levels of parts produced to meet scheduled targets
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure no unnecessary interruption of production requirements
- To train, develop, mentor, direct and discipline subordinates to ensure a productive, efficient and competent workforce to meet scheduled requirements in a safe environment
- Provide regular constructive feedback and communication to subordinates formally and informally on company policies, work procedures and work standards etc. and to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures at all times
- To make recommendation to Senior Management and Human Resources Manager on the confirmation and/or disposition of employees within the probationary period
- Responsible for ensuring all training within the department is completed in a timely manner, documented and posted at each work station
- Maintain a system of communicating ongoing departmental performance to subordinates on a regular basis
- Ensure subordinates follow Company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
Production Supervisor Qualifications/ Requirements:
- College or trade School graduate with minimum 5 years of hands-on supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong People Skills and Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Good knowledge of basic computer programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Familiar with lean manufacturing, 5S and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision and/or directions
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player and a team leader
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent motivator and mentor
- Ability to maintain all production related records in an organized manner, use sound judgment in dispersing confidential information related to employees data
- Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
Please download your detailed resume and include your personal email and contact information. Please review your application and resume before submitting as several resumes do not have the required information that is needed. (Download your own resume - not the profile information from Zip Recruiter)
Salary $60,000 - $65,000 a year with relocation and bonus.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.