This position requires Automotive Manufacturing experience and is for the Off-Shift Position.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for contributing to a safe work place and minimizing negative impacts by complying with the EHS policies and procedures. The manufacturing Operations Supervisor must possess excellent leadership & human relations skills, be decisive & responsible and lead by example.
Operations Supervisor Summary:
- Hands-on operation of company’s operations
- Oversee performance, management and evaluation of employees
- Coaching, mentoring, training and professional development of Supervisory Personnel.
- Meet key performance indicators such as Quality, Safety, Productivity, Scrap Rates, Labor Efficiencies, On-time Delivery, Machine Down Time and Inventory Levels to ensure operations are running in an efficient matter.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on scrap.
- Proven track record for continuous improvement: productivity gains, cost reduction, scrap reduction and Toyota production system implementation.
- Manage key manufacturing projects.
- Develop proposals for capital expenditures and make improvement recommendations for manufacturing operation.
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins with primary responsibility for department manufacturing operating expenses.
- Create an environment that values diversity and supports employee growth through communication, training, recognition, and reward.
Operations Supervisor Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience and success as an operations manager in an automotive manufacturing facility
- BS degree
- 10+ years of experience in a Manufacturing facililty.
- Demonstrated success in a leadership and team building role, with ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and fundamentals
- Strong computer experience utilizing Microsoft programs and applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Management / Supervisory experience in an automotive component manufacturing company with Profit & Loss (preferred).
Please download a detailed resume to the application - otherwise a short form resume will be sent and your qualifications cannot be viewed for consideration.
Salary $60,000 – $70,000 a year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!