Premier manufacturing company is seeking career minded people!!
Are you looking for a company that will take your career to the next level? We offer superb salaries, benefits, advancements, teamwork, employee satisfaction and much more! Please send your resume for confidential consideration after reviewing the job description below:
This position requires auto parts manufacturing experience.
The Lean Process Engineer develops programs to support high volume machining for the automotive industry and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements. Controls programing knowledge to modify and develop better process on production systems.
Lean Process Engineer Responsibilities:
· Participate in process review for new product quotation process: estimate cycle time and cutting tool cost
· Assist setup personnel in startup of new product
· Assist in measuring development parts and operating equipment as necessary to achieve engineering goals and project timing
· Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the assigned department, including capital and expense plans and equipment utilization studies.
· Prepare and review feasibility of capital appropriation requests for equipment, tools, new facilities and refurbishment of existing facilities. Negotiate and evaluate equipment cost reductions with equipment supplier.
· Includes planning for new equipment, jigs and fixtures, developing specifications, obtaining quotes, purchasing and assisting with the installation by in-house or outside personnel.
· Prepare and update plant layout/process flow as needed for new equipment, new/modified processes and new/revised products, using both manual and automated drafting techniques.
· Set up of equipment, train manufacturing, maintenance staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
· Assist in the selection of new processes and equipment for CNC machining
· Contribute to and recommend continuous improvement projects: investigate and implement process changes for cost and quality improvement; monitor program cycle times against standard and pursue efficiency improvements; investigate alternative cutting tools and coatings; track/record savings realized on implemented projects
· Troubleshoot production tooling problems
· Direct plant side activities in conjunction with corporate PE department for new equipment.
· Communicate project status to other departments and manufacturing plants.
· Perform defect reduction investigations making recommendations for equipment modifications, trailing and qualifications.
· Create, modify, and review process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
· Complete test runs, adjustments, safety checks and capability studies for new/revised equipment, products and processes required by company quality and safety standards.
· Test cost reduction ideas to ensure no compromises are made in product/process quality, safety or workability - develop countermeasures if necessary.
· Evaluate and analyze costs and techniques of new concepts or applications for manufacturing processes and present relevant data to management for further study.
· Establish preventive maintenance items and frequency.
· Guide and direct implementation of kaizen and cost reduction improvements.
· Provides technical support to all departments to implement improvements, installations and repairs to ensure safety guidelines and ergonomic principles are observed.
· Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
Lean Process Engineer Qualifications:
· 3+ years of auto parts manufacturing experience.
· BS degree
· Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.
· Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
· Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
· Must know the requirements and procedures for the start up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
· Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
· Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
· Strong organization, planning, scheduling, and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to multitask and facilitate problem solving and resolution.
· Active listener with effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
· Strong ability to work and utilize resources and tools in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
· Must be able to work flexible hours to support production on all shifts during new product launch.
· Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so that it can be accessed and used for future programs.
· Must be able to compile information and report that information to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely manner.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
· Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Please download your detailed professional resume and do not use your application profile that is offered or a LINKED In resume as it does not provide a detailed resume. Please no Linked In resumes!
Salary $65,000 - $75,000 a year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!