Manufacturing Director of Safety Summary:
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
Director of Safety Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, reviews, and approves EHS staff work assignments
- Analyzes the effectiveness of Eng. and Mgmt. control systems by performing audits on a regular basis that include physical, chemical, ergonomic, and other safety checks
- Provides guidance for the EHS training efforts so that all required Plant Safety Standards are met
- Develops and conducts EHS training programs including behavior based safety courses
- Assists in leading the efforts associated with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program preparation and application
- Provide Mgmt. with statistical analysis of EHS KPIs and root cause analysis
- Coordinates incident reduction efforts
- Provides interpretations regarding regulatory and other standards such as ANSI, NFPA, NEC, etc.
- Trains and mentors other associates on company EHS policies
- Coordinates and participates in annual and on-going projects
- Evaluates team members’ work performance and assists in fostering development
- Plans, evaluates, and improves EHS policies and procedures and ensures their compliance with regulatory standards.
Manufacturing Director of Safety Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Environmental Health & Safety
- 3+ years of management experience in Environmental, Health and Safety in a manufacturing facility.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS policies, procedures, terminology, and laws/regulations
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge of appropriate office software
- Ability to provide input, recommendations, and negotiate both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including being on call 24hrs/day
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively
- Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity under a variety of conditions
Please provide a detailed resume when applying and do not use a short form resume (that is offered through the application) as it does not provide your complete list of responsibilities.
Salary $100,000 - $135,000 a year.