The Director of Engineering provides project engineering and project execution knowledge and skills to address issues relating to process performance, product quality, productivity, new process start-up, process improvement, operations support and safety. The Process Engineering Manager also provides project execution on internal capital projects.
Director of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating equipment, processes and training qualified operators to ensure proper and safe use of all production equipment.
- Provides leadership characteristics that foster team progress takes the initiative to take on challenging assignments and creates opportunity where none exists.
- Provides engineering leadership and is considered the technical expert.
- Displays strong project management skills. These duties would include the direction and supervision of engineering personnel and the control of activity prioritization.
- Maintains liaison with engineering and manufacturing in process development and with existing products.
- Performs engineering research and development work on assigned projects to revise/improve process capability.
- Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget.
- Predicts and communicates challenges in meeting objectives to management.
- Interfaces with customers and equipment suppliers with activities that include phone, electronic and personal communication as necessary to support development, production release and maintenance of products. This would include professional representation of company in all arenas of possible customer presence.
- Recognizes the need for and initiating appropriate leadership actions to assure positive customer relationship.
- Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- Prepares and carries out significant internal and external project presentations.
- Manages all aspects of document control requirements including Design Control files, DFMEA, Parts Lists, Drawings, Specifications and DVP&R's.
Qualifications of the Director of Engineering:
- A combination of seven years’ experience in the areas of Manufacturing, Engineering, Project Management, and/or supervision of professional/technical people and Assembly area.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrates leadership ability, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and hourly employees.
- Experience within an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with general engineering practices, e.g., blueprint reading and assembly.
- Must be able to clearly and directly communicate at all levels of the company through reports, training sessions, telephone, etc.
SALARY $95,000 - $125,000 A YEAR .
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and Associates
Why Work Here?Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!