Continuous Improvement Engineer
Arthur Wright and Associates McPherson, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position requires Automotive Manufacturing experience.
Please download your detailed resume to the application. 1 out of 3 applications do not provide a detailed resume and are not considered.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for implementing changes to improve operations and establishing additional capabilities: pricing, profitability, facility design, material handling equipment specification, labor management, staff planning, project management and lead of continuous improvement initiatives.
Continuous Improvement Engineer Duties:
- Works with enterprise business units at the operational and corporate level to drive process improvements, identifying compliance to customer service standards and strategies for consistent, repeatable and flawless execution
- Leads the design of cutting edge approaches and solutions utilizing broad knowledge, best practices and benchmarking.
- Assists in sales process by visiting potential or existing customers to develop scope of work, operational planning and opportunity assessment
- Evaluates, designs and implements new layouts
- Implements Continuous Improvement initiatives to help ensure the continuation of streamlined processes them to create a sustainably lean organization
- Integrates subject matter knowledge with industry experience, relevant related disciplines, program/process design principles and business goals and strategy
- Leads teams or individuals on project work, to help clients and operators achieve sustainable results
- Leads multiple Industrial Engineering projects with minimal oversight
- Manages projects and program execution of low to moderate complexity
- Understands the organization, client goals, and the reasons behind special practices; articulates linkage between business goals and process behind organization practices.
- Analyzes ambiguous problems utilizing demonstrated proficiency of lean tools such as VSM, Standard work, Six Sigma, 5S and other lean tools. Breaks down complex information in a systematic and communicable manner
- Proficient in statistical analysis processes and understands how and when to apply them based on the situation and specific needs.
- Leads Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, and other Lean events
- Owns the facility kaizen and productivity projects; ensuring projects are done according to budget and timelines
- Influences others to implement new solutions
- Demonstrates application experience of Six Sigma methodology
- Willingness to travel regionally up to 60%
Continuous Improvement Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years automotive manufacturing experience with Toyota Production System, Kaizan, Lean Manufacturing and VSM.
- Experience with Auto CAD
- PC proficiency with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Continuous Improvement Engineer Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate process and technical concepts to a variety of audiences from entry level warehouse employee to executive level
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
A detailed resume is required to be considered for this position. Please download your resume to your application - do not use Linked In or Easy Apply or your profile on your application as it does not provide enough information!
Salary $70,000 - $78,000 a year.
Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries.
We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.
Arthur Wright and AssociatesWhy Work Here?
We help candidates find jobs they will thrive in!
Recruiting Specialists for the Manufacturing, Operations, and Engineering Industries. Arthur Wright & Associates is a employee recruitment firm / headhunter that specializes in placing candidates within the manufacturing, operations, and engineering industries. We connect manufacturing, engineering, and industrial companies with top talent quickly, confidentially, professionally and with commitment.